Page 705 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 685695700701702703704705706707708709710715725 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 10424

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Perhaps the most interesting thing about their inclusion in IDW is their size. In the BW TV series, Rattrap and Waspy were around 2m tall. But in IDW, they're G1-scale, so 6-8m tall perhaps. So if they were to ever meet their multiversal selves, it would be a a lot like this:

Oh wow, I never connected those dots... IDW Rattrap and Waspy are huge!

Excellent point from Verno. Proper BW Transformers are essentially the next step from Micromaster technology; i.e. downsizing of Transformers for the purposes of superior fuel efficiency. IDW G1 Rattrap, Waspinator, Sky-Byte & Tankor are, as Verno rightfully pointed out, the same size as Autobots & Decepticons. So they basically transform into gigantic animals! (e.g. a rat the size of a car, wasp the size of a light aircraft etc.) Though I'm sure Tankor's not complaining about being upsized.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Excellent point from Verno. Proper BW Transformers are essentially the next step from Micromaster technology; i.e. downsizing of Transformers for the purposes of superior fuel efficiency. IDW G1 Rattrap, Waspinator, Sky-Byte & Tankor are, as Verno rightfully pointed out, the same size as Autobots & Decepticons. So they basically transform into gigantic animals! (e.g. a rat the size of a car, wasp the size of a light aircraft etc.) Though I'm sure Tankor's not complaining about being upsized.
    Sky-Byte has always been a super sized shark. Being from Car Robots/RID, not BW he never was shrunk down. He was fairly good size compared to the Autobot Brothers in RID. Cyber Shark on the other hand was BW so he would be tiny compared to his mould mate Sky-Byte.
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 12th March 2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Sorry DELTAprime - I tried to respond to Goki's post and accidentally edited yours! (It's back as it should be now.)

The TFCC 54 Magazine talks about (well, makes up really ) how after Galvatron and Scorponok were ejected into space at the end of Season 4, Razorclaw took over the remnants of the Decepticons. It was his influence that eventually made sure they all had beast modes and were referred to as Predacons rather than Decepticons. Since they had so little energon he utilized the Micromaster process to downsize his forces bodies to be more full efficient. Thus the Predacons of the Beast Era were born

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Sky-Byte has always been a super sized shark. Being from Car Robots/RID, not BW he never was shrunk down. He was fairly good size compared to the Autobot Brothers in RID. Cyber Shark on the other hand was BW so he would be tiny compared to his mould mate Sky-Byte.

About the only character I took a real shine to in that series

Um... Goki, Rattrap and Waspinator have always been gigantic animals. Now they're just even more gigantic. Which is typical in the G1 universe anyway, e.g. the Predacons, the Seacons, 70% of the 1987 Decepticons, so the newbies shouldn't really stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    The TFCC 54 Magazine talks about (well, makes up really ) how after Galvatron and Scorponok were ejected into space at the end of Season 4, Razorclaw took over the remnants of the Decepticons. It was his influence that eventually made sure they all had beast modes and were referred to as Predacons rather than Decepticons. Since they had so little energon he utilized the Micromaster process to downsize his forces bodies to be more full efficient. Thus the Predacons of the Beast Era were born
    Well, that's a simple way to explain it.

Not a very exciting one though

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

In the IDW-verse, was it ever established how many members made up the Senate? Before they were all killed, of course.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    That's actually perfect, (and oddly similar to a fanfic I once wrote) as it covers the downsizing because of fuel efficiency (Razorclaw's fetish), changing the Decpticon faction name to 'Predacon' (as the team Razorclaw leads) and the fact that Razorclaw/Razor Claw are two of the G1 names 'chosen' by Beast Wars characters potentially as a homage to a 'hero' of the Great War.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Fair point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Um... Goki, Rattrap and Waspinator have always been gigantic animals. Now they're just even more gigantic. Which is typical in the G1 universe anyway, e.g. the Predacons, the Seacons, 70% of the 1987 Decepticons, so the newbies shouldn't really stand out.
    True. One interesting thing that the G1 comics did was to allow the Insecticons to mass-shift down to the size of actual insects in their Insecticon modes. (and Galvatron was able to mass-shift when he transformed into his gun mode too)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Oh wow, I never connected those dots... IDW Rattrap and Waspy are huge!
    Wow