Page 730 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 710720725726727728729730731732733734735740750 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 10411

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ^Good suggestion. Chris Ryall and Ted Adams were thrilled to see Infiltration #0! They were also genuinely impressed to meet someone who's been a fan of their TF comics from the very beginning (which surprised me).
    That's great - yeah, I was thinking that Ryall might like that not just because of Chrischarger, but because it might be nostalgic for him in terms of when they first got the Transformers licence. If you have the 2007 movie prequel comics they'd probably like to sign that too, since I believe Ryall and Adams were both heavily involved. Or Reign of Starscream - I think Ryall wrote that one too.

So how big is Robot Masters Victory Saber compared to Voyager Classics Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    RM Victory Saber ends up about Deluxe height. I don't have a shot of him with Prime, but I do have one of him with Prowl

|Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Robotmasters Victory Saber is skinny but is basically wearing stilts, so he's tallish, but if you put him next to Voyager Prime they'll look like two different toylines - like a vintage Luke Skywalker standing next to a vintage He-Man. Also, it's a truly awful toy, with annoying rubbery bits instead of nice hard ABS plastic, and the downscaling eliminates the best gimmicky bits of Star Saber. I would avoid buying one unless you really, really want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Robotmasters Victory Saber is skinny but is basically wearing stilts, so he's tallish, but if you put him next to Voyager Prime they'll look like two different toylines - like a vintage Luke Skywalker standing next to a vintage He-Man. Also, it's a truly awful toy, with annoying rubbery bits instead of nice hard ABS plastic, and the downscaling eliminates the best gimmicky bits of Star Saber. I would avoid buying one unless you really, really want it.
    Thats good to know. I was considering RM Star Saber before the MP was announced. Glad I didn't waste my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Mixed toylines don't bother me. I'm a repurposer. And I have to ask, your opinions on the plastic quality, you're not one of those chasing fans that go on about how current toy plastic sucks and feel like kos are you?

I have to ask, your opinions on the plastic quality, you're not one of those chasing fans that go on about how current toy plastic sucks and feel like kos are you?
    "Chasing fans"? No, instead of solid ABS plastic, which is predominantly used for Transformers, it uses rubbery PVC for the sword, ears, shoulder guns, which gets floppy and bent out of shape, depending on temperature. It's like... is it Pirates of the Caribbean where a combatant has a bendy fencing sword against an opponent with a solid one?

Anyone know if there was a red version of the FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime made? I'm going to get a FJ Cruiser Optimus but don't really like the yellow or white as they are not Prime colours.

The original G1 Star Sabre toy's plastic is pretty poor quality IMO. I personally don't have too much of an issue w/ the quality of RM Star Sabre's plastic quality or rubber parts considering the relatively cheaper price of that toy. The rubber is soft, but not so soft that it would super-easily bend out of shape like say the rubber used on a lot of TF Prime and Age of Extinction toys. Perhaps Star Sabre has a legacy of being made from inferior materials. Let's hope MP Star Sabre bucks this trend.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone know if there was a red version of the FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime made? I'm going to get a FJ Cruiser Optimus but don't really like the yellow or white as they are not Prime colours.
    Apart from the standard yellow and white, I think there were several colours including red, but they were all exclusive to Toyota dealerships in Japan: