Page 737 of 1042 FirstFirst ... 717727732733734735736737738739740741742747757 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,370 of 10411

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Can anyone please kindly shed light on this Mini G1 Seekers item on eBay. Thanks.
    http://forums.tformers.com/talk/inde...howtopic=83198

Different versions, same company

http://www.starscream.ca/transfan/sh...k.php#wstghost
    Click on the KO WST Ghost Starscream header

Megatran Guest

^ So it's a KO. Thanks Sinnertwin.

This has probably been answered a million times afore but I'm having trouble finding it. My question is: with the IDW comics, where do I start? I seem to find a lot of ordering by the chronology of the series, but in terms of publication?

The Inflirtation and Stormbringer miniseries are the first two series in publication order.

Publication order is fine to read by too, although chronological order works well too.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a publishing order somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit:. The TFwiki IDW page gives a pretty good publishing order.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Inflirtation and Stormbringer miniseries are the first two series in publication order.

Publication order is fine to read by too, although chronological order works well too.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a publishing order somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit:. The TFwiki IDW page gives a pretty good publishing order.
    Cheers heaps man, so your advice is to follow the timeline rather than the publication history?

Publication and Chronological order is very similar. There's a few miniseries that are set before the first comics, and same goes for most of the Spotlight comics.

I like publication order in that each story reveals more about the overall universe, and flashback stories fill in the blanks. It also means you read the stories the same way originally intended and experienced. If you read publication order, no story should reveal plot points, even if a later story is set back in time.

Usually I recommend people skip the first three eras of the IDW (Furman, McCarthy, Costa) altogether and start with the current series (the prologue "Death of" issue then MTMTE and RID).

Edit: here's some more thoughts on the matter. I knew I'd answered that before

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Usually I recommend people skip the first three eras of the IDW (Furman, McCarthy, Costa) altogether and start with the current series (the prologue "Death of" issue then MTMTE and RID).

Edit: here's some more thoughts on the matter. I knew I'd answered that before
    Thanks mate, muchly appreciated, I'll take your advice and start with "The Death of Optimus Prime"

Quote Originally Posted by Dead End View Post
    Thanks mate, muchly appreciated, I'll take your advice and start with "The Death of Optimus Prime"
    I second the "start at death of OP" theory for new readers.

I loved the Furman era "-tions" series, many of the things we see in the MtMtE and RiD books have their origins in that series, but they were many years ago and are in no way necessary to understand or enjoy the 2 newer series.

Read the 30+ issues of MtMtE and possibly RiD, then if you like them, and want some of the "back history" then you can hunt down the cheaper trades from the previous authors.

If you have comixology on your iPad or tablet, there are a few single issues you might like to hunt down, like Spotlight Shockwave.

Generally, taking Paulbots advice with the comics is a very good idea.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

As someone that has read every IDW Transformers comic except for most of Transformers Ongoing I's say Death of Optimus Prime onwards + Last Stand of The Wreckers (cause its just awesome) is must read and if you want to know more read the -ation's, Spotlight's and AHM. But don't bother with Transformers Ongoing, it's just horrible.

The ongoing does feature a two part story by James Roberts with Alex Milne art that's very good and a prelude to MTMTE's Shadowplay story. If you only read two issues of the 'ongoing' read #22 and #23.