Page 760 of 1043 FirstFirst ... 740750755756757758759760761762763764765770780 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,600 of 10424

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    The PS3 certainly won't.
    Before MK9 was released in Australia (because of our lack of R rating) I imported a copy from the US. Worked fine for me. Is it different for movies?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

The PS3 certainly won't.
    Really? Crap! What about the DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Before MK9 was released in Australia (because of our lack of R rating) I imported a copy from the US. Worked fine for me. Is it different for movies?
    Yes, completely. PS3 games are only "region locked" in terms of their SD output (NTSC or PAL). Once you are at 720p via HDMI, it means nothing and since most people nowadays are on a HD set with a HDMI cable...

Yes, completely. PS3 games are only "region locked" in terms of their SD output (NTSC or PAL). Once you are at 720p via HDMI, it means nothing and since most people nowadays are on a HD set with a HDMI cable...
    But what is like Delta says the blu ray is not region locked?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Really? Crap! What about the DVD?
    Not if it's region locked.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Paramount have the rights to the film globally, and being a former backer of HD-DVD prior to Blu-ray Disc, Paramount don't lock their titles with the possible exception being films licensed for certain territories.

Long story short, all TF movies (well, Bay TF movies) have been Paramount titles globally, all have been region free on Blu-ray Disc.

Technically it's still hedging your bets, but the odds are VERY much in your favour, if you know what I mean.

If you want to look into region coding hell, try drooling at some of the Image Entertainment, Criterion Collection, or Shout Factory Blu-ray releases. There's a reason I ensured my player is region free!

General rule: Anything Warner/Universal/Paramount will be region free, except where they don't own the rights globally (and even then, it's just occasionally). Sony is generally pretty lax these days, as is Disney, and the back of their boxes are usually pretty accurate in their region coding IIRC. Fox are a pain, and anything smaller (distributor wise) is very hit and miss!!!

Oh, and Roadshow over here lock all their stuff to Zone B. And are dicks. But that's kind of beside the point.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    But what is like Delta says the blu ray is not region locked?
    Damn you for being too quick to reply Trev!

Hope my info helped. I've always had a multi region DVD player and had a mate who was working for a band grab me a PS3 when he was on tour in the US, expressly to play US Blu-rays!

If you've got any more queries, feel free to hit me up - not to toot my own horn, but with a tonne of disc media, a background in film (and thus authoring DVDs), I should be able to answer almost anything!

Not if it's region locked.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Paramount have the rights to the film globally, and being a former backer of HD-DVD prior to Blu-ray Disc, Paramount don't lock their titles with the possible exception being films licensed for certain territories.

Long story short, all TF movies (well, Bay TF movies) have been Paramount titles globally, all have been region free on Blu-ray Disc.

Technically it's still hedging your bets, but the odds are VERY much in your favour, if you know what I mean.

If you want to look into region coding hell, try drooling at some of the Image Entertainment, Criterion Collection, or Shout Factory Blu-ray releases. There's a reason I ensured my player is region free!

General rule: Anything Warner/Universal/Paramount will be region free, except where they don't own the rights globally (and even then, it's just occasionally). Sony is generally pretty lax these days, as is Disney, and the back of their boxes are usually pretty accurate in their region coding IIRC. Fox are a pain, and anything smaller (distributor wise) is very hit and miss!!!

Oh, and Roadshow over here lock all their stuff to Zone B. And are dicks. But that's kind of beside the point.
    Damn you for being too quick to reply Trev!

Hope my info helped. I've always had a multi region DVD player and had a mate who was working for a band grab me a PS3 when he was on tour in the US, expressly to play US Blu-rays!

If you've got any more queries, feel free to hit me up - not to toot my own horn, but with a tonne of disc media, a background in film (and thus authoring DVDs), I should be able to answer almost anything!
    Cheers mate

Quick question, what's the size difference between leader jetfire and the masterpiece seeker mould in both modes?

Games are different from DVDs and DVDs are different from Blu-rays.

PS3 Games = region free at HD
    X360 Games = up to the publisher
    PS4 and X1 games = region free

DVDs on all game consoles = region locked
    Blu-rays on all game consoles = up to the publisher

Sony and Microsoft both want to play nice with Hollywood so they abide by Hollywood's old fashioned region locking. I have some Region A locked Blu-ray's from Shoutfactory (thanks Madman for giving up on Blu-ray releases of Transformers). They do not work in any of my Australian game consoles that are all set to B at the factory. And no you can't change the region code of a console.

Quote Originally Posted by Autobot1995 View Post
    Quick question, what's the size difference between leader jetfire and the masterpiece seeker mould in both modes?
    I haven't seen Jetfire in person yet, but the masterpiece seeker mold is about 21cm from head to toe, 23cm if you include the intakes on their shoulders and the alt mode is 32cm in length