Page 857 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 837847852853854855856857858859860861862867877 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,570 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

If you can't, just give her a list in priority order, that way there's an element of surprise while you wait for her to get back

Where is she staying (which neighbourhood) and how much "effort" does she want to put in for you?

Quickslinger MAY be found in some of the specialty stores in Yai Ma Tei (or obtusively expensive at one store in Wan Chai Toy Street) but he isn't a common figure to find.

If she is going to Toys R Us, tell her to visit the one at Harbour City in Tsim Sha Tsui (It's a touristy area so she will probably end up there anyways unless she's a former local).

If you want some real cheapies and she is adventurous in terms of getting around, Wonderland (North Point or Whampoa) have a few figures still reduced to clear - YoTG Optimus, Generations Jetfire, Brainstorm, AoE Optimus + Trailer with Red Sideswipe come to mind... they also have a Chinese New Year 15 % off sale this week. They have MP Tracks for around HK$350, Road Rage about the same and slightly cheaper for red Bumblebee.
    (I live right next to the North Point one so I visit it regularly. )

But it really depends what you want and where your mum is willing to travel and explore for you. If you can narrow it down to exactly what you are after and she doesn't mind hitting the toy malls I can probably suggest a couple of stores in Sino or In's Point but if she is a first time visitor to HK it might be a bit of a culture shock entering those places.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    My mum is going to hong Kong in a few weeks and she gave me a budget of $100. What good transformers could I get there that you can't normally find here or are cheaper there? Is quickslinger also available there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Where is she staying (which neighbourhood) and how much "effort" does she want to put in for you?

Quickslinger MAY be found in some of the specialty stores in Yai Ma Tei (or obtusively expensive at one store in Wan Chai Toy Street) but he isn't a common figure to find.

If she is going to Toys R Us, tell her to visit the one at Harbour City in Tsim Sha Tsui (It's a touristy area so she will probably end up there anyways unless she's a former local).

If you want some real cheapies and she is adventurous in terms of getting around, Wonderland (North Point or Whampoa) have a few figures still reduced to clear - YoTG Optimus, Generations Jetfire, Brainstorm, AoE Optimus + Trailer with Red Sideswipe come to mind... they also have a Chinese New Year 15 % off sale this week. They have MP Tracks for around HK$350, Road Rage about the same and slightly cheaper for red Bumblebee.
    (I live right next to the North Point one so I visit it regularly. )

But it really depends what you want and where your mum is willing to travel and explore for you. If you can narrow it down to exactly what you are after and she doesn't mind hitting the toy malls I can probably suggest a couple of stores in Sino or In's Point but if she is a first time visitor to HK it might be a bit of a culture shock entering those places.
    Thanks. I've been to the toys r us in harbour city and the wonderland toy store in Whampoa. Thanks for telling me the other stores that can help!
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

What do you do with missiles??

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    You've amassed 1932 Transformers and you're only asking about accessory storage now?

I first started storing accessories when my collection hit the 50 mark. I initially used my cardboard STARS bases. Once I hit past 100 I augmented it with makeshift containers like used lolly tins etc. But once I hit around the 500-600 mark I started using a toolbox. After hitting around 900-1000 I changed to this roller toolbox which is what I still use now.

Fire them.

Lunch ziplock baggies with name or group or multiples of them written on the outside. If your figures still have their boxes (like me) store them in there

Or yeah, get anal like Gok
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You've amassed 1932 Transformers and you're only asking about accessory storage now?

I first started storing accessories when my collection hit the 50 mark. I initially used my cardboard STARS bases. Once I hit past 100 I augmented it with makeshift containers like used lolly tins etc. But once I hit around the 500-600 mark I started using a toolbox. After hitting around 900-1000 I changed to this roller toolbox which is what I still use now.
    Well most of them have lost their missles or I store them with the figure

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Gok, I think you are the only one that goes to the extent that you do for storage.

I've not lost a single accessory in my adult collection. I prefer to keep my accessories on the figure, it completes the look of the figure normally. If it's a product I have the box for, eg: Takara Tomy Masterpiece's, I just keep the unused accessories in the bubble in the box. If I don't have the box or have flattened the box I keep unused accessories in sandwich bags in the cupboard of my computer desk.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The only thing I think I've lost so far is the missile for RTS Lugnut...

Which is a surprise considering the scope of my collection.

While moving stuff from what's now a nursery to its new location I did misplace one of Defensor's feet (Alpha Bravo kindly offered his temporarily) and Strongsrm's rifle, but found them eventually...

Every bot has his/her own weapons and accessories, even the combiners some how have all the weapons from their members attached. Exceptions are my two MPs, who's extras are in the box, and those with 3P weapons, like seven of my Seekers and TG Gold Bumblebee. Their weapons are in the iGear Weapons crate that came with sniper rifle and twin pistols for Perceptor, and twin blasters for Kup. I figured it was a suitable spot, and looks cool on display.