Page 896 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 876886891892893894895896897898899900901906916 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,960 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Megatran Guest

I don't recall Gnaw featuring heavily in the G1 cartoon, yet he punches disproportionately well above his weight in popularity. Why is that? Is it the lack of reissue since the original 1986 release (apart from the TR Gnaw)?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I don't recall Gnaw featuring heavily in the G1 cartoon, yet he punches disproportionately well above his weight in popularity. Why is that? Is it the lack of reissue since the original 1986 release (apart from the TR Gnaw)?
    The only official quintesson transformer released, and thus has a 100% share in quintesson popularity.

That's my take
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

When I was a kid, it was the only toy from the 86' line-up I didn't want.

Then as an adult, I paid a fortune to get him

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    The only official quintesson transformer released, and thus has a 100% share in quintesson popularity.

That's my take
    There was Alpha Quinesson from the Energon series. Never managed to track down the toy at a reasonable price though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    There was Alpha Quinesson from the Energon series. Never managed to track down the toy at a reasonable price though.
    Yeah ok, never knew that even existed. Ugly af tho
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

The Sharkticons appeared in 9 episodes of the G1 cartoon. It makes them a lot more popular than say Skids who appeared in only 2 episodes of the cartoon. Although Skids did have a prominent appearance in the G1 comics; the Sharkticons' appearance in the comics were all in alternate universes (mostly a future version of Earth-120185). And don't forget that the toy continuity is a thing too (in fact it's the prime continuity of G1).

Also, being a cheap army builder probably helps heaps. Gnaw, Wreck Gar and Scourge were the first army builder Transformers, but with all three being more expensive boxed figures, it just wasn't feasible for most kids to army build 'em. Gnaw wasn't even that interesting a toy to warrant splashing out a higher price point on. I remember skipping the toy in 1986 and later bought it loose complete in box in 1988 for $5. Gnaw is giving fans a chance to build an army of Transformers on the cheap.

Is it known who the designer for the latest Masterpiece releases post Ultra Magnus is?

It mostly looks like Kobayashi's work, but I'd like to be sure.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Anyone seen where I put my Takara Generations guide book?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone seen where I put my Takara Generations guide book?
    Probably the same place as my vintage G1 picture books

Hope you track it down soon

Titans Return Galvatron can't move his head. Is it the same for the whole range? Are some better than others?

Galvatron looks to be a TR hackjob, is the Titan master feature shoved into a pre-existing design, and the neck socket that's supposed to move has an arc of about five degrees, pretty useless. Others designed that way like Blaster don't have an issue.