Page 908 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 888898903904905906907908909910911912913918928 ... LastLast
Results 9,071 to 9,080 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Ok so got a mp thrust a while ago and I was going to keep it misb but last night I opened my tt fort max and my inner child got the better of me and I opened thrust which was double taped anyway so technically not misb.

My question is that when I opened it I noticed that the clamshell was also double taped! Is this common or does anyone have any idea why they would have to reopen the clamshell?

I've just realised thrust was a tt exclusive so there was no need to open it to insert different language instructions so really it should of been left untouched.
    It's left me scratching my head.

I await you expert opinions.

Megatran Guest

^ Where did you purchase MP Thrust from? A private seller (ebay, forums) or a reputable online store?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    ^ Where did you purchase MP Thrust from? A private seller (ebay, forums) or a reputable online store?
    whoops I bought from pc so I'm guessing whoever they got their allocation through. Now I understand china post open packages and inspect contents inside before shipping. But i still don't get the opening of the clamshell

Hey did anyone else get a phishing email from "Robot King" the other day? Going by the fact it went to my same email address Robot Kingdom keeps spamming with their newsletter I'm wondering if their mailing list was stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    whoops I bought from pc so I'm guessing whoever they got their allocation through. Now I understand china post open packages and inspect contents inside before shipping. But i still don't get the opening of the clamshell
    TT has been double taping some of their MP's lately. A few of us got MP Primal's that were in the same condition as your Thrust. I'd throw TT's QC under the bus first, not PC. (we got our Primal's from HLJ, so it's not a China vs JP issue.)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    TT has been double taping some of their MP's lately. A few of us got MP Primal's that were in the same condition as your Thrust. I'd throw TT's QC under the bus first, not PC. (we got our Primal's from HLJ, so it's not a China vs JP issue.)
    Oh no I wouldn't suspect pc of opening an item to send on, I just contemplated the idea that maybe their asian supplier of tt products had maybe opened it up before sending to pc. Just thought it was odd thats all...

Actually if they were going to open up the clamshell they could of at least fixed that floppy waist I agree with you on their QC of late, pretty rubbish from a premium toy company.

Do we know why they double tape in the first place? I wonder if it's because they realised that a batch was missing an insert, like instructions or an accessory (which would explain why the blister and tray was retaped). Ultimately if you toy has a QC issue then you should demand recompense from the seller, as is your consumer right. I've contacted Takara(TOMY) directly on two occasions regarding QC issues with MPs and both times they were very helpful and mailed me replacement parts ASAP. Although their staff don't speak English so I would recommend contacting your seller (HLJ, PC etc.) if you don't speak Japanese. They should be able to source parts for you or offer to replace or refund the toy.

I took advantage of the fact I got paid last night to grab the 2 remaining Sharkticons from work today. I was really wanting 3 for my army, should I hunt down another Hasbro Sharkticon or wait for a Takara Tomy version to complete my trio?

I say wait for the TakTOM one.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I took advantage of the fact I got paid last night to grab the 2 remaining Sharkticons from work today. I was really wanting 3 for my army, should I hunt down another Hasbro Sharkticon or wait for a Takara Tomy version to complete my trio?
    That would irk me having 1 of them different to the other two, if they're just your run of the mill cannon fodder.
    I'd buy a 3rd Hasbro and maintain a uniform look.