Page 976 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 956966971972973974975976977978979980981986996 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,760 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Default End of the Lost Light

Well I'm very late to the party on this, but have just finished (I didn't want to see it end) the last issue of IDW The Lost Light. Since its been so long, I'm thinking spoiler alert warnings don't apply, and I did a quick keyword search to see if there was an existing Lost Light thread.

I'm really confused, by how it ended. And I'm hoping someone can explain it to me. Three important questions.

1) Why did Rung disappear after making his Matrixes - was it overload, did he know it was going to happen... all that's there is dust but there's one panel where skids appears and pulls him into the roof. Did that happen and he's alive, or is that a flashback to the past?

2) Why does no one remember the presence of Rung (the crew seem to be mindwiped, and one refers to finding Rung's office). When he deleted his patient files was it because he was planning an escape and that's why people were mindwiped?

3) In the last few pages of the final issues, Whirl's 'guard' removes his uniform and it looks like its Rung. Was this just the effect of Primus on the spark field (that they all resemble him), or was it honest to goodness actual Rung/Primus (sorry spoiler alert) hiding in plain sight?

4) Please someone tell me that Rung/Primus is somehow still alive.

Now I'm debating whether to finish Unicron, because I don't want the IDW universe to end with Unicron eating everything and a reboot. If I don't read it, it didn't happen!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Spoilers for those that haven't read the end of Lost Light

Rung died from the effort of creating those matrixes and like his "brothers" crumbled to metal dust upon dying. As he prepared to do this he thought back to his original meeting with Skids (one of his happy memories). The original mindwipe that made him so forgettable continued to affect people after his death so that eventually (in the future) nobody remembered him. The new generation resemble him although there's a potential that he lives on among them, forgotten but watching over the Transformers. The duplicate Lost Light crew might find the Rung of their new universe which is another way he could live on.

And here's the discussion thread for the comic.

Where can i find botbots 8 pack in stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Where can i find botbots 8 pack in stores?
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=26265

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I'm really confused, by how it ended. And I'm hoping someone can explain it to me. Three important questions.

1) Why did Rung disappear after making his Matrixes - was it overload, did he know it was going to happen... all that's there is dust but there's one panel where skids appears and pulls him into the roof. Did that happen and he's alive, or is that a flashback to the past?

2) Why does no one remember the presence of Rung (the crew seem to be mindwiped, and one refers to finding Rung's office). When he deleted his patient files was it because he was planning an escape and that's why people were mindwiped?

3) In the last few pages of the final issues, Whirl's 'guard' removes his uniform and it looks like its Rung. Was this just the effect of Primus on the spark field (that they all resemble him), or was it honest to goodness actual Rung/Primus (sorry spoiler alert) hiding in plain sight?

4) Please someone tell me that Rung/Primus is somehow still alive.
    From TFwiki:

Though able to manufacture the Matrices, Rung was fully aware the exertion would kill him. Telling Chromedome and Rewind that they should be more forgiving to each other, Rung accepted his fate, taking a moment to recall his time with Skids before deleting his patient files. Once the last Matrix was produced, Rung's body exploded into inert sentio metallico, only his removed glasses remaining. When the Matrices were opened, they indeed overloaded Vector Sigma with the excess energy being shunted to Luna 1 where it reignited the hot spot to reveal a final message from the psychologist: "Don't Forget Me."

Despite the best efforts of the crew, Adaptus's information creep had proven too strong and they soon forgot Rung entirely, not even his quarters being able to rouse Chromedome and Rewind's memories. However, Rung's legacy would live on in another way: the Lunarians, the generation birthed from the hot spot on Luna 1, all had a marked tendency (not that anyone was aware of it) to resemble their progenitor.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Now I'm debating whether to finish Unicron, because I don't want the IDW universe to end with Unicron eating everything and a reboot. If I don't read it, it didn't happen!
    I don't know how to answer that without spoilers!

--------------------------------------------------------------
    *And yes, TFwiki is correctly using the correct plural of Matrix, "matrices"
    (just as the plural for index is "indices" etc.)

Any ideas why G1 Hubcap never gets any love from HasTak?

Am I the only one that wants a G1 style Legends class Hubcap?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Any ideas why G1 Hubcap never gets any love from HasTak?

Am I the only one that wants a G1 style Legends class Hubcap?
    Who's that?

No, I'd like one too. Some Throttlebot action, Targetmasters, Powermasters.... but hey! Here's another Bumblebee figure!

Thank you Paulbot for your answers. I'm going to seize on that tiny hope he's around watching on! Thanks
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Is Siege Aimless compatible with G1 Misfire?

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Is Siege Aimless compatible with G1 Misfire?
    Should be. They both use 5mm pegs.