Page 978 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 958968973974975976977978979980981982983988998 ... LastLast
Results 9,771 to 9,780 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Hi All,

I'm looking at selling off quite a bit of my collection to pay for family stuff and I'm wondering if any one knows of a fair price guide that I can put prices up to sell. I'll have g1 stuff and reissues and some generation, wfc, foc and some MIB and 3rd party figures. Most of my stuff has been removed from boxes by me transformed no more than twice mainly for space adjustments on shelf in a dark room. I'll only be holding onto favourite characters the rest will go. If anyone has some price advice that would be great. OTCA members will have first dibs because they have the most respect for figures

Worth checking Transformerland price guide and eBay sold auctions.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

From here
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    What does LMIB stand for? Less than Mint in Box or something?
    As UltraMarginal said, "Loose Mint In Box"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Loose mint in box sounds like a contradiction to me, it's either loose or it's in the box, can't be both. MIB (mint in box) or BIB (back in box) makes more sense.
    "Mint condition is an expression used to denote the quality of a pre-owned good as displaying virtually no imperfections and being in pristine condition relative to its original production state."
    Reference

These terms originated from coin collecting (a hobby practised in some Ancient societies), and documentation for these terms go back to at least the 1950s (but likely older). Many terms used by toy collectors were popularised by action figure magazines (e.g. Tomart's Action Figure Guide, ToyFare the Toy Magazine etc. - I used to read these in the 90s~00s).

* MISB = Mint In Sealed Box
    * MIB = Mint In Box; this does not denote sealed or unsealed condition
    * LMIB = Loose Mint In Box; the toy is in mint condition but the box has been opened; typically because the toy has never even been handled (e.g. opened for inspection)
    * NMIB = Near Mint In Box; the toy is in near-mint condition. The toy has likely been handled but is otherwise in excellent condition
    * LIB = Loose In Box; the toy is loose and in box, doesn't specify condition

Both MISB and LMIB toys are both MIB, but not all MIB toys are MISB or LMIB.

For those of you with Siege Soundwave, how noticeable is the battle damage on the figure in hand or sitting on a shelf?

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    * MISB = Mint In Sealed Box
    * MIB = Mint In Box; this does not denote sealed or unsealed condition
    * LMIB = Loose Mint In Box; the toy is in mint condition but the box has been opened; typically because the toy has never even been handled (e.g. opened for inspection)
    * NMIB = Near Mint In Box; the toy is in near-mint condition. The toy has likely been handled but is otherwise in excellent condition
    * LIB = Loose In Box; the toy is loose and in box, doesn't specify condition

Both MISB and LMIB toys are both MIB, but not all MIB toys are MISB or LMIB.
    These seem to have fallen of the selling vernacular but was in quite common usage 10 years ago and I miss it

MOC - Mint on card
    MOSC - Mint on sealed card

Obviously for the figures that are not in a box.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    MOC - Mint on card
    MOSC - Mint on sealed card

Obviously for the figures that are not in a box.
    I still use these terms. I find it funny when I see sellers referring to carded toys as "boxed." It must confuse them when they see a deck of cards in a box (or is it a deck of boxes in a box? A deck of boxes in a card?)

I took this photo recently at Allstar Comics in Melbourne. Can anyone tell me the name of that blue-grey-yellow Transformer in the centre of the image? It looks kinda cool:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7251552...7673654823481/

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I took this photo recently at Allstar Comics in Melbourne. Can anyone tell me the name of that blue-grey-yellow Transformer in the centre of the image? It looks kinda cool:

Brakedown GTS from Cybertron series

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Brakedown GTS, a 2006 repaint of Cybertron Brakedown from the previous year.

Breakdown GTS from the Cybertron line!!