Page 985 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 9659759809819829839849859869879889899909951005 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,850 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

When did HasTak start releasing Transformers in waves in order to constantly have new products on the shelf?

I seem to remember as a kid that there were long time periods between stores getting in new product. Though I might be misremembering that, or it might have been because I was a kid at the tail end of G1 and Hasbro wasn't producing as many figures then.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    When did HasTak start releasing Transformers in waves in order to constantly have new products on the shelf?

I seem to remember as a kid that there were long time periods between stores getting in new product. Though I might be misremembering that, or it might have been because I was a kid at the tail end of G1 and Hasbro wasn't producing as many figures then.
    Not super sure on the answer to this one, but I thought it’d be interesting to note that Takara even still release stuff differently to Hasbro, with only a handful of toys of various classes at a time. For example, when I was in Japan, it was Legends Soundwave, Ginrai, Brainstorm, Ravage and Laserbeak. They trickle them out in smaller chunks more often, rather than a whole wave every few months.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

G2 has some of the first examples where new toys in the same size/price came out in waves (the Autobot Cyberjets, the G1 Go-Bots coming later and filling the same spot on the shelves the earlier figures had).

There might be some earlier instances, the Pretenders greyed out in the first 1988 catalogue for instance might have been wave two. The first three Micromaster patrols coming out earlier in 1988 in different packaging too.

Beast Wars was where they really committed to the whole line having just a few set size/price points with waves of new ones dropping at regular intervals.

Is there any reason why we've had numerous Gnaw toys but not an Allicon yet? A toy of it makes sense to me since there is a clear robot and alt mode, and it doesn't look like it would be any harder to engineer than Gnaw.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Is there any reason why we've had numerous Gnaw toys but not an Allicon yet? A toy of it makes sense to me since there is a clear robot and alt mode, and it doesn't look like it would be any harder to engineer than Gnaw.
    I was thinking recently about this. Seems like Hasbro could do a remould of Gnaw and turn him into an Allicon. Maybe not the most screen accurate Allicon, but it should be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I was thinking recently about this. Seems like Hasbro could do a remould of Gnaw and turn him into an Allicon. Maybe not the most screen accurate Allicon, but it should be doable.
    I'm sure people would army build them like Gnaw too. So no idea why Hasbro haven't done it yet.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

More obscure character and limited remold potential would be my guess. That said, I'd like one/a few similar to Gnaw, and with a little ingenuity I could see the Allicon transformation possibly working for a chunky and/or Cybetronian-style tank/half-track-type ground vehicle.

I've been treating Gnaw much like Scourge and his Sweeps. Instead of army building so I've got masses of the same one, I just keep waiting for them to make new versions. So for my Sharkticons I've got my G1 Gnaw, a couple of the cheaper Titans Return Gnaws and my Cyberverse Gnaw. For the Sweeps I've got my G1 Scourge as Scourge himself, then the Titanium, Generations and Titans Return versions as The Sweeps. I know the Sweeps are supposed to all look identical to Scourge, but I like the idea that since they are all supposed to be made from damaged Decepticon parts no two look exactly alike.

It would be great to get an official Alicon - the one I have is one of the few 3P figures I own. With the rumours that we might be getting an official Voyager-class Quintesson Judge and a Deluxe-class Quintessa, it could be that an Alicon isn't too far behind - especially given the movie-nostalgia that the Unicron figure has stirred up. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Were the Australian G1 Omnibot mailaways the Japanese or American versions? Asking on behalf of someone else. Thanks.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Were the Australian G1 Omnibot mailaways the Japanese or American versions? Asking on behalf of someone else. Thanks.
    Are you asking if we got the bios, which were only released in Japan, as I think the toys were the same, because they were unchanged from their Diaclone versions.
    I doubt we would have, because it would have been in Japanese, as would the packaging and any inserts.