Page 986 of 986 FirstFirst ... 966976981982983984985986
Results 9,851 to 9,854 of 9854

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Are you asking if we got the bios, which were only released in Japan, as I think the toys were the same, because they were unchanged from their Diaclone versions.
    I doubt we would have, because it would have been in Japanese, as would the packaging and any inserts.
    Today, a casual collector workmate was adamant that, back in 1980s Australia, he received a mail-away G1 Omnibot in Japanese box with Japanese instruction booklet by redeeming robot points. I told him that would be unlikely, providing the reasons you gave me. Just thought i'd check with the experts here since i was not in Australia back then, and in SE Asia, we were lucky to have both Japanese and US versions of G1 toys, sometimes side by side on store shelves, and with the Japanese ones at a lower price point!
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-45 Bumble V2
    (Pre-)ordered: ReAction Skyfire, Optimus Prime
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

That’s such an obscure particular thing to recall that’s it unlikely they are lying. Maybe it was a shipping error?

A question from me: did Beastbox, Squawktalk, Grandslam and Raindance get released here? I have no memory of seeing them and I got all the other tapes so can’t think why I would have skipped them other than they weren’t available?

All of the mail away exclusives that I received from Milton Bradley in the 80s never came in Japanese packaging. They were either in plain white boxes or plastic baggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That’s such an obscure particular thing to recall that’s it unlikely they are lying. Maybe it was a shipping error?

A question from me: did Beastbox, Squawktalk, Grandslam and Raindance get released here? I have no memory of seeing them and I got all the other tapes so can’t think why I would have skipped them other than they weren’t available?
    Dirge would be the best to answer that second question, as he used to host the australian release archive on his cliffbee site, but it's no longer being hosted anywhere. (my archive starts at 1996, while his covered everything before then.

As for the first question, memories from childhood can change over that much time, but there is always a chance of mixed up stock if a similar item was being released in both countries at the same time. You hear about it happening sometimes, but it's when you see it for yourself (the wrong toy in packaging that was new and still sealed), it then makes you think that any type of mixup at the factory was possible.