Page 1001 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 981991996997998999100010011002100310041005100610111021 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,010 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

They were sufficiently different in design, with PM OP Titan Master having an open mouth as well as the substantially different cab and chest.

I hadn't thought about it, but I would say that they were different characters.

I would agree with them being different characters. The Legends toys (and fiction) makes it pretty clear that Ginrai is Ginrai as well. I think there is one joke about how it looks like Convoy, but that's it. Also the head is Ginrai and the body is also cooled Ginrai, whereas PMop I think has Apex? I think that even going back to G1 there is enough difference between the two (character wise) to say that while they look the same, they aren't the same character. (IMO)

I agree with that. Was just wanting to see how others felt.

Of course, this means I really need to find a Power Master Optimus Prime now as I have been putting it off as I have Ginrai. My CHUG collection is character-based rather than by line like most people tend to do.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Ginray? How do you pronounce it?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Of course, this means I really need to find a Power Master Optimus Prime now as I have been putting it off as I have Ginrai. My CHUG collection is character-based rather than by line like most people tend to do.
    For what it's worth, despite seeing them as different characters, I felt no need for the TR Powermaster Prime, as the Classics (and now Earthrise) figure was sufficient - partly because of a lack of connection to the original, but also because I didn't think it was that great an execution from the Magnus mould and much preferred the Ginrai version, which I did get.

I have a TR PMOP in storage if that's what you're after

I just bought pmop in a lot and will be selling it if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Ginray? How do you pronounce it?
    It might be Gin-Rye, Gok and Ode to Grasshopper would know better.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

The TFWiki has the pronunciation as Jinrai, which would be Gin-Rye (as in the drink and the grain). So for whatever reason they decided to Anglicise the English spelling a bit, possibly to emphasise his 'I left Japan to come to America' backstory/characterisation.
    It's still better than the Lightfoot/Leftfoot pun at any rate.

it might have been asked before but is the december 31st 2021 date on the zing site the actual release date for haslab unicron (for australia) or a placeholder?
    Or do we still not know?