Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Have Frenzy and Rumble been announced for release in Hasbro's Generations/Reveal the Shield line? They seem to be conspicuously absent...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Have Frenzy and Rumble been announced for release in Hasbro's Generations/Reveal the Shield line? They seem to be conspicuously absent...
    Yes. They are part of the next wave of RtS Scout Class (well at least Rumble has been announced, Frenzy will probably appear in a later wave)

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Yes. They are part of the next wave of RtS Scout Class (well at least Rumble has been announced, Frenzy will probably appear in a later wave)
    Ahh, so that's it. Thanks.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Which Transformers TBP's are easily available and worth reading?
    I just finished Last Stand of the Wreckers and thoroughly enjoyed it, though i understand it's one of the high points in recent years, is there anything else remotely close?
    I don't want to buy individual comics or unfinished series'.

Any of the G1 reprints if you don't already own those G1 comics. They're quite Marvellous.

Is the entire run available or just pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I just finished Last Stand of the Wreckers and thoroughly enjoyed it, though i understand it's one of the high points in recent years, is there anything else remotely close?
    There's a few threads of recommendations that if I was on a computer I could find. Marvel US G1 comics are very different to the Wreckers series and don't really compare. Marvel UK comics are more like it but only the main story arcs are available and the recent IDW reprints of them aren't as good as earlier Titan reprints. Something more recent like Stormbringer might be of more interest to you or Dreamwave's Generation One Vol 2.

Yeah, only select stories are available through IDW. And as Paulbot said, there are issues with their print quality. IDW are legally not allowed to reprint certain issues - like those that contain characters which are still owned by Marvel. e.g. IDW can't reprint US#3 (Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Joe Robertson (Daily Bugle Editor-In-Chief), Nick Fury, Timothy Dugan (aka "Dum Dum," another agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Josie Beller/Circuit Breaker etc.

I suspect that IDW would be unable to reprint any issues with the bounty hunter Death's Head, as I think Marvel still owns that character. If so, that's a shame as IDW does have the rights to print Doctor Who and it would be awesome to see them reprint the issue where the Doctor encountered Death's Head and removed him from the Transformers' universe.

Still, I think IDW have reprinted a fair amount of G1 stories including the Underbase Saga, Target: 2006, the Time Wars etc. -- the latter two are strongly recommended if you want to read about the adventures of the original G1 Wreckers.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Stormbringer is probably by second favourite TPB from IDW after Last Stand. I'd highly recommend that.

Then Infiltration/Escalation/Devastation/Revelation & all the Spotlight TPBs if you're looking for more.

As a relative newcomer to TF comics (I started reading when IDW got the licence), I don't find the Marvel comics particularly interesting. They're OK, but extremely dated.

I expect you would enjoy the IDW stuff and/or the Dreamwave stuff more.

Thanks for all the recommends guys! Gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for a few of those.