Page 947 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 927937942943944945946947948949950951952957967 ... LastLast
Results 9,461 to 9,470 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Dumb questions alert...

What is this Studio Series toyline that is coming out for the movies?

We have MPM, Movie Best and the standard movie lines so where does Studio Series fit into the continuum of movie toys?

Also any reason I should give up on MPM and switch to Studio Series?
    All we know about the Studio Series is from leaks of packaging, lists of potential toys and some sample figures, no official announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Dumb questions alert...

What is this Studio Series toyline that is coming out for the movies?

We have MPM, Movie Best and the standard movie lines so where does Studio Series fit into the continuum of movie toys?

Also any reason I should give up on MPM and switch to Studio Series?
    As noted by Paulbot, we haven't had an official announcement yet, but there have been a lot of leaks so far. And we've just seen at Kmart last week, shelf tags for the Studio Series Deluxe and Voyagers. (no stock yet though)

^ So I take it Hasbro is (unsuccessfully) trying to keep them a secret and have them all show up at retailers around the world on the same day to create some sort of buzz in the fandom.

Well NY Toy Fair starts this weekend so I guess they will spill the beans then.

Anyone know why TakaraTOMY have increased the age limit for POTP to "Ages 15+"?!? I can understand it for Binaltech, Smallest Transforming Transformers, Masterpiece etc., but Power of the Primes? Really? TakaraTOMY Mall is also listing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Anyone know why TakaraTOMY have increased the age limit for POTP to "Ages 15+"?!? I can understand it for Binaltech, Smallest Transforming Transformers, Masterpiece etc., but Power of the Primes? Really? TakaraTOMY Mall is also listing the same thing.
    My guess would be that although the toys can obviously be enjoyed by any age, they're getting behind the line as catering to older fans, rather than younger ones. They are only guidelines after all, much like with Lego sets.

Seems maybe like a bigger disparity than here. When I was at Myer this week, plenty of kids there were going through the POTP and walking away with some, even mixing them in with RID stuff. I have little experience beyond walking through retail in Japan, but the Generations moulds seem to be a lot more segregated from the more kid-appealing RID stuff I saw there.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

The age limits are there to legally protect companies should kids who are too young to access them have access and hurt themselves.
    e.g. Japanese G1 reissues have full strength missile launchers because they don't need to worry about choking hazards when the toys aren't marketed at kids. It exempts them from child safety laws.

Unless TakaraTOMY have made some kind of modification to these POTP figures that no longer makes them compliant to child safety laws then I don't see any reason why they would restrict sales to kids. Adult collectors will still buy toys even if the age recommendation is younger. After all, G1 was marketed as "Ages 5 and Up" and it's not as if any of us stopped collecting G1 after the age of 6 (many of us were already older than 5 when G1 started).

My theory is that someone did an incorrect copy and paste job that's stuck and others have just copied it without thinking. Pretty epic error if that's so.

PP is going to be identical to POTP so unless they didn't pass Japanese safety laws I can't see why they wouldn't be the same age rating as the Hasbro release.

How many unique trade paperbacks do you think IDW release a year that are Transformers related? not including things like the collected wreckers 1 and 2 as a single volume. but including each of those volumes, as an example of what I'm looking at.

I'm guessing it would be somewhere between 10 and 15. taking into account the revolutions and first strike stuff as well as lost light, optimus prime and miniseries like the windblade one.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    How many unique trade paperbacks do you think IDW release a year that are Transformers related? not including things like the collected wreckers 1 and 2 as a single volume. but including each of those volumes, as an example of what I'm looking at.

I'm guessing it would be somewhere between 10 and 15. taking into account the revolutions and first strike stuff as well as lost light, optimus prime and miniseries like the windblade one.
    Have a look at the monthly comic/books topic in the News section, and go back far enough to cover 12 months, to count up how many were released in a calendar year.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    My guess would be that although the toys can obviously be enjoyed by any age, they're getting behind the line as catering to older fans, rather than younger ones. They are only guidelines after all, much like with Lego sets.

Seems maybe like a bigger disparity than here. When I was at Myer this week, plenty of kids there were going through the POTP and walking away with some, even mixing them in with RID stuff. I have little experience beyond walking through retail in Japan, but the Generations moulds seem to be a lot more segregated from the more kid-appealing RID stuff I saw there.
    You're exhibiting maturity beyond your years.