Page 1009 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 9899991004100510061007100810091010101110121013101410191029 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,090 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I was watching Starscream' Brigade last night and decided that I love the sound of Welker's Megatron voice. It got me thinking, which episode of G1 has the most Megatron talking in it?
    I rather enjoyed the two Stars Brigade episode for its focus on the Decepticons, and let's face it, in my extremely un-scientifically gathered evidence, the Autobots get a lot more screen time than the Decepticons.

So, what should I watch for the most efficient consumption of Megatron voice-i-ness?
    Megatron's Master Plan seems like a good bet. I think he talks a lot in that Season 1 3-parter (The Ultimate Doom?) where he brings Cybertron to Earth as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I've been rewatching my DVDs recently but I haven't really thought about that. Heavy Metal War is my rough guess but perhaps More than Meets the Eye part 2, City of Steel, Cosmic Rust. There are some where he has little or no dialogue e.g. The Gambler and Child's Play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Megatron's Master Plan seems like a good bet. I think he talks a lot in that Season 1 3-parter (The Ultimate Doom?) where he brings Cybertron to Earth as well.
    Oh yes, good thinking chaps. Thanks muchly

Sorry if this has been asked before. How come the Japanese versions of Earthrise Deluxes/Voyagers don't come with the red decoder strip?

I just got an Earthrise Arcee and Earthrise Megatron from Japan and the instructions have a big black sticker over the diagram of the hand holding the decoder on the last page (you can tell by holding it to the light). Also the packaging box doesn't contain a red decoder (either stuck to the plastic shell or to the galaxy map). I don't need the decoder (got lots) but I thought it was a curious difference. The Chinese versions have the decoder and decoder how-to instruction.

Sorry if this has been asked before. How come the Japanese versions of Earthrise Deluxes/Voyagers don't come with the red decoder strip?

I just got an Earthrise Arcee and Earthrise Megatron from Japan and the instructions have a big black sticker over the diagram of the hand holding the decoder on the last page (you can tell by holding it to the light). Also the packaging box doesn't contain a red decoder (either stuck to the plastic shell or to the galaxy map). I don't need the decoder (got lots) but I thought it was a curious difference. The Chinese versions have the decoder and decoder how-to instruction.
    My guess would be down to kanji vs roman characters that Takara didn't want to deal with.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The black sticker seems to cover over the "other languages" that appear on the instructions as well as adding Japanese text to the names and stuff.

As for the decoders... who can say. They manage to successfully cover the back of the box with a huge sticker and there is no mention of the decoders or assemble the map on the box, instructions or JP listings. I found that odd as well when I first got a few figures and though I'd lost it, but I guess they must take it out/not bother during the stickering process.

Oddly they still have the instructions printed with the cybertronian font for the tech specs and some parts of the names.

Thanks fellas. I also thought I had lost a decoder then I saw lack of the other one. Then the covering up of the decoder how-to. My guess is the Takara galaxy maps point to the location of Takara Customer Service Department... and they want to keep that hidden .

I just ordered an MP Starscream V2 now that Amazon AU has him up for preorder, but I'm having immediate second thoughts.

How many of the MPs released in recent years have had QC issues or design floors?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    How many of the MPs released in recent years have had QC issues or design floors?
    The only G1 MP issues I've read about frequently enough to be of concern were MP-44's knees, and MP-9 and MP-47's general fragility.

Most other MP QC/flaw complaints i've read about were related to paint chipping.

This is not related to the posts above, but wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the netflix voyager pack of primal and ratrap instead of buying them separately? This is because kingdom voyagers cost around $45-$59, with the core class costing around $19-20. I mean the only difference in getting them separately or together in the netflix voyager pack is (other than the price) the paint deco of both figures. But would it be worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Justice for Ironhide View Post
    This is not related to the posts above, but wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the netflix voyager pack of primal and ratrap instead of buying them separately? This is because kingdom voyagers cost around $45-$59, with the core class costing around $19-20. I mean the only difference in getting them separately or together in the netflix voyager pack is (other than the price) the paint deco of both figures. But would it be worth it?
    Yes, definitely. All the Netflix Voyagers have been insane value here in Australia thanks to Kmart's $49 price for them. 2 Micromasters/Battle Masters are also $20 so the value for money has stayed the same.