Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combaticon Bruticus parts are almost ready - WIP

Default Combaticon Bruticus parts are almost ready - WIP

Here is Bruticus awaiting for assembly.

Great idea with having Octane as Blastoff. A military cargo plane as a combaticon makes much more sense than a space shuttle.

Yeah but you gotta keep true to bruticus...hehehe
    Classics astrotrain for blastoff would be a no brainer for me....

or are you sick of all the astrotrains you are currently dealing with for your custom raiden???

Wow, youva basically been covering all the combiners now Kelvin, next I guess would be Piranhacon.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    Yeah but you gotta keep true to bruticus...
    It is staying true to Blast-Off's origins in the cartoon. Octane's cargo plane mode is exactly what Blast Off looked like before Starscream turned him into a space shuttle.

Default Bruticus now standing

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the great comments.

Skyshadow and Kup, I do like Octane as the arm. I guess, its getting a little away from the norm but Bruticus is quite right.. Of course, if we are true to bruticus, the astrotrain will be key.

Bruticus, I did consider astrotrain and you are right, all my astrotrain are being used for Raiden... Therefore, I felt this needed something different.

Liege, I am taking on step at a time however, I am just getting all the parts ready for the custom. Predaking is on its way, but this one, one of my mates is doing a custom on this for me. Piranahcon..... well, that one is a challenge. I wouldnt know where to start to look for the base figures? Would you say Beast Wars? Let me know if you know any TF that can turn into a Turtle and the rest of the figures. I was baffled as to what I could use.. Might have to reshell figures to get this going.

Anyway, hope it doesnt dissappoint, here is Bruticus stading. I decided to make a massive combiner out of him as he was certainly one of my favourite combiners of all time and the first to set foot on Cybertron from memory.

He is still monochrome and the head needs a little remastering. But this is all I could fit in this weekend.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by kelvinchang99; 16th March 2009 at 12:28 AM.

Hell he is huge!

I kinda like him in the monochrome grey, kinda looks like a blindpacked chase figure...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Yeah he is big. Here is some updated pics. Only just began painting him. The primer is great isnt it. It gives a very nice smooth finish.

Remember the large Dinoking.. well, Bruticus has towered him in this build.

Here is the Dinoking bots painted. Still not too happy with the paint job and got more to do.

Constructive Criticism : I'm not liking Bruticus' hips - they need to be wider, as he looks like he's been working out at the gym but has neglected his legs. Otherwise, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    Constructive Criticism : I'm not liking Bruticus' hips - they need to be wider, as he looks like he's been working out at the gym but has neglected his legs. Otherwise, I like it.
    Agreed