Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid Style Dinorobots

Default Hybrid Style Dinorobots

I was looking up WST Dinorobots and noticed that JustIToys will be producing Hybrid Style Dinorobots, starting with Snarl http://www.justitoys.hk/home.htm

From what I can gather these will be deluxe sized Masterpiece style Transformers based along the lines of the Hybrid Style Convoy

Has anyone bought Hybrid Style Convoy? Is it just a smaller version of Masterpiece Convoy?

I am very intrigued with the Hybrid Style Dinorobots. I am sure they will be rather expensive but it might be worth it to get articulated Dinobots. And, depending what they do, it might be a chance to get a smaller scaled MP-08 Grimlock if its just a straight copy

These may also be in scale with current deluxe styles so they could fit straight into my Classics/Universe collection.

I will certainly be keeping an eye on any future developments

The website doesn't work for me, so are you saying they are making a new unique Snarl toy? The current Jusitoys Dinorobots are Knock-Offs of the original toys.

If this company makes a smaller scaled MP08 Grimlock it too would be a knock-off.

Hybrid Style Convoy however is a real Takara-made Transformer.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The website doesn't work for me, so are you saying they are making a new unique Snarl toy? The current Jusitoys Dinorobots are Knock-Offs of the original toys.

If this company makes a smaller scaled MP08 Grimlock it too would be a knock-off.

Hybrid Style Convoy however is a real Takara-made Transformer.
    I am only assuming they will make a smaller scaled MP-08 Grimlock and if they do then yes it will be a knock off like their WST Dinorobots

From what I can tell by the silhouette on the front page of their website it looks like the Snarl will have articualtion so I guess you could say it will be unique but it depends on what they do with it.

It will still be a knock off though but it has me interested

The webite is www.justitoys.hk

Seems this is the link. I hope they turn out good and aren't too pricey, i think it's a shame TakaraTomy hasn't continued this line.

I have a WST Slag and Grimlock. They're pretty accurate for reduced size knockoffs - the plastic seems a bit cheap, and not all the weapons fit into their respective holes, but for the price i paid, i think they were worth it - but wouldn't pay much more (i paid about $15 each).

Regarding Takara's Hybrid Style Transformers - i have both and they're some of my favourite toys. THS-01 Galaxy Convoy or THS-02 Convoy are not shrunken down versions of any other Galaxy Convoy or MP Prime. In many respects they are more detailed than their larger versions. On the negative side of things, they do have fiddly transformations (to be expected at this size), and THS-02 has an unfortunately misaligned cab front in truck mode. His trailer on the other hand is excellently detailed. Overall i would highly recommend them as display pieces - they don't have the playability of a Classic toy for instance, but they just look pure quality in terms of materials and paint job. They were hard for me to track down a year ago, so i imagine they will be even harder to find now.
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 25th March 2009 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Seems this is the link. I hope they turn out good and aren't too pricey, i think it's a shame TakaraTomy hasn't continued this line.

I have a WST Slag and Grimlock. They're pretty accurate for reduced size knockoffs - the plastic seems a bit cheap, and not all the weapons fit into their respective holes, but for the price i paid, i think they were worth it - but wouldn't pay much more (i paid about $15 each).

Regarding Takara's Hybrid Style Transformers - i have both and they're some of my favourite toys. THS-01 Galaxy Convoy or THS-02 Convoy are not shrunken down versions of any other Galaxy Convoy or MP Prime. In many respects they are more detailed than their larger versions. On the negative side of things, they do have fiddly transformations (to be expected at this size), and THS-02 has an unfortunately misaligned cab front in truck mode. His trailer on the other hand is excellently detailed. Overall i would highly recommend them as display pieces - they don't have the playability of a Classic toy for instance, but they just look pure quality in terms of materials and paint job. They were hard for me to track down a year ago, so i imagine they will be even harder to find now.
    I've been searching for the THS-02 and have found a couple of places in Australia that sell it. Do you think $190 is too expensive? I am not quite sure considering it is only 4 inches tall
    I can get THS-02B from another seller for a bit cheaper but I like the colours of prime.

I'm considering getting all the WST Dinorobots, I am just waiting on a price from the seller.
    I would get the normal sized dinobots but for knock offs they demand a high price, over $400 for all 5 from some sellers

$190 is way too expensive. These things retailed for the equivalent of around $50. Knowing what they're like, i don't think i'd pay more than $100 for them.
    Not sure how the price compares to your seller, but Robot Kingdom has all the WST dinobots in stock in case you didn't realise.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    $190 is way too expensive. These things retailed for the equivalent of around $50. Knowing what they're like, i don't think i'd pay more than $100 for them.
    Not sure how the price compares to your seller, but Robot Kingdom has all the WST dinobots in stock in case you didn't realise.
    If I could find THS-02 for $100 I'd be all over it. I am always behind in my collecting. I didn't even know about this until this week so I doubt I will be able to get it at a good cost.

Thanks for the link. If my seller doesn't get back to me then I will give Robot Kingdom a shot

What exactly is "Hybrid Style"?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    What exactly is "Hybrid Style"?
    I was wondering that also...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness