View Poll Results: What gender is (are) your child(ren)?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boy(s)

15 40.54%
  • Girl(s)

6 16.22%
  • Both (even)

10 27.03%
  • More boys

3 8.11%
  • More girls

3 8.11%
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 919242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parenting Thread

So the little fella is 6 months old now. Man that has gone fast! One of the issues we had with him when he was younger was constipation. As part of the remedy for this, we started him on puréed fruit at 4 months. It worked really well. But now we are trying to get him to eat other things and he won't touch them. All he'll eat is fruit. He won't touch vegetables, farex, meat based stuff. Just fruit. It's starting to get a little frustrating
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    So the little fella is 6 months old now. Man that has gone fast! One of the issues we had with him when he was younger was constipation. As part of the remedy for this, we started him on puréed fruit at 4 months. It worked really well. But now we are trying to get him to eat other things and he won't touch them. All he'll eat is fruit. He won't touch vegetables, farex, meat based stuff. Just fruit. It's starting to get a little frustrating
    Hey mate

We're in the middle of introducing all kinds of puréed food to our 4 month old too. What we are doing is making our own puréed ice blocks of all kinds of veggies and fruit, then mixing fruit and vegies together.

Pear and zucchini
    Carrot and apple
    Pumpkin and Pear or Apple
    Etc...

my wife suggested you guys maybe try these.... Heavier on the fruit to begin with and ween the lil dude on to vegies.

Just food for thought buddy ( pun intended ) lol

good luck

We've been fortunate in that our daughter has never been a particularly fussy eater (I'm a far pickier eater than she is! ). janda's advice sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    Hey mate

We're in the middle of introducing all kinds of puréed food to our 4 month old too. What we are doing is making our own puréed ice blocks of all kinds of veggies and fruit, then mixing fruit and vegies together.

Pear and zucchini
    Carrot and apple
    Pumpkin and Pear or Apple
    Etc...

my wife suggested you guys maybe try these.... Heavier on the fruit to begin with and ween the lil dude on to vegies.

Just food for thought buddy ( pun intended ) lol

good luck
    Hey dude!

We have done the same thing with pureed vegetables and frozen them. We have tried to mix them together twice (pear and sweet potato) but he can tell and just shuts his lips and won't let anything in.

We will try some of your combinations and see how he goes

I wish you the best of luck Trent, they can be challenging lil buggars!

Fingers crossed for ya

Yesterday afternoon my daughter and I watched the first 7 episodes of TF Victory. After tucking her into bed, as I walked away from her room I could hear her saying:
    "Let's Say Go!"
    "Multi-Out!"
    "Brain set!"

She also...
    * initially thought that God Ginrai was Optimus Prime. I explained to her that it's not; didn't go into too much detail - just let her know that Ginrai is someone else who just looks like Optimus Prime.
    * discovered that the Autobots are called Cybertrons and the Decepticons are called Destrons.
    * compared the Micromaster Rescue Patrol with Rescue Bots (and says that Blades is still her favourite).
    * really likes Star Sabre's Brainmaster unit (Brain of Courage).
    * thinks that the Dino Force are really mean (because they killed Jean's parents) but also really cute - especially Kakuryuu. Although Yokuryuu kinda scares her.
    * loves the ending theme song and laughs whenever she hears the line about bed wetting.

Why..... Why...... WHY does my 2 1/2 year old insist on getting up at 6am (at the latest) on weekends!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Why..... Why...... WHY does my 2 1/2 year old insist on getting up at 6am (at the latest) on weekends!
    Wow! 6am! I wish. Arty doesn't sleep past 4:30am. We got to 6:15am this morning because he's sick with a cold and was up heaps last night. (But yes, I feel your pain Trev)

Add this to the fact that he is only averaging 3 hours between night feeds at the moment and you have 2 very sleep deprived parents

Also, yesterday, before we realised he was sick, we went out for lunch at a cafe. Upon getting back to the car we realised that he had done a poo, so we decide to change him in the boot (we have a hatchback that works really well for that sort of thing) so I pick him up to get ready and feel all wet. I look down to literally see shit _EVERYWHERE_. He had had a poo explosion the likes of which the world had never previously seen. It had leaked through all his clothes, onto his pram and of course, onto me. So we start to change him and of course all he wants to do is put his hands wherever there is poo. And then he tries to put his hands in his mouth . So we clean the poor waif up, change him, get him in the car and the poor kid still smells like poo. Have to race home and bath him and I then put him down for a sleep while wifey has to wash poo out of everyone's clothes.

Fast forward to today. He has a cold and I have a stupidly sore back from leaning over the boot at an awkward angle trying to change his nappy. Plus did I mention he hardly slept last night?

Parenthood is fun!!!! Seriously you people that go back for more than one kid need your head checked.

I have tears running down my face, you poor bastard Trent LMAO

I was quite lucky one night when Marcus was about 3 months. Laura had woken up to feed him and she asked me to get her a glass of water. I walk to the kitchen get a glass of water, walk back to the bedroom and discover that the little guy had exploded all over my pillow, right where my head would of been had my wife not asked for a drink.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Trent: The poo smell is currently not so bad for you. Just wait until he starts eating proper solids. You will soon discover newfound motivation to want to quickly toilet train your child!

Yuki's been sick with a bacterial chest infection all week. She only went to school for one day and will have to take tomorrow off. Gargh. And I still went to her Japanese school yesterday even though she didn't, because I volunteered to help sell tea and coffee as part of the school's ongoing fundraising (it helps to keep school fees down); I took the cash float and account book back with me from the previous week, so I felt obliged to go. There's actually 3 parents rostered onto tea/coffee duty in case one is away, but one other parent has been absent for the last 2 weeks, so if I hadn't turned up, it would've only been that one poor parent doing all the work.

On a lighter note, Yuki's Japanese school teacher told me that she's getting a lot more expressive/talkative in class now, frequently putting her hand up to say something -- which is a big step for her as she's normally quite shy. As the previous week was Mother's Day, the teacher told me that Yuki had told the entire class that:
    「お母さんのためのプレゼントはお父さんのトランスフォーマーの部屋に隠した。お母さんはあの部屋に全然入 らないから。」("I've hidden mummy's presents in daddy's Transformers room because mummy never goes in there.")
    We were laughing, and then her teacher goes, 「本当にトランスフォーマーの部屋があるの?」("Do you really have a Transformers room?")
    I just grinned.