Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77

Thread: Transformers Holy Grails and Loose Ends

  1. #21
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    The 'Yong NSW
    Posts
    579

    Default

    maybe if i win lotto



  2. #22
    Join Date
    28th Dec 2007
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    14,758

    Default

    Looks like the $1800 Black Zarak that was on ebay sold. I cant find it anymore.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    snagged my seacons, now after a shockwave, bit light on the cash right now, so he'll have to wait!
    nice catch yesterday gutsman :P

  4. #24
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Looks like the $1800 Black Zarak that was on ebay sold. I cant find it anymore.
    I was watching a minty boxed one go for US$1200 the other day.
    It had a broken hinge on the shield but otherwise looked pretty nice.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    16th Jan 2008
    Location
    Honkers
    Posts
    2,742

    Default

    My holy grail is a G1 MISB Bluestreak in C10 box.
    2nd in line: G1 MISB Sunstreaker in C10 box.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    19th Aug 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    524

    Default

    My holy grail is the G2 prototypes MOSC...menasor and defensor...

    They will literally cost more than 40,000 USD. no joke... I don't know if I ever will have enough money or the stupidity to spend that much money... but you never know...

    The last loose motormaster went for 7k+ USD on the bay from memory...

    These are some links for the defensor...

    http://www.geocities.com/fredsworkshop/g2defensor1a.jpg

    http://www.geocities.com/soxerboxx3/defensor4me.jpg

    These are in my opinion the absolute HOLY GRAIL for a G1, G2 hybrid collector, simply because they were never released... but a very microscopic handful of collectors do have them.
    Last edited by jgon2098; 31st October 2008 at 03:42 AM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    16th Jan 2008
    Location
    Honkers
    Posts
    2,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgon2098 View Post
    My holy grail is the G2 prototypes MOSC...menasor and defensor...

    They will literally cost more than 40,000 USD. no joke... I don't know if I ever will have enough money or the stupidity to spend that much money... but you never know...

    The last loose motormaster went for 7k+ USD on the bay from memory...

    These are some links for the defensor...

    http://www.geocities.com/fredsworkshop/g2defensor1a.jpg

    http://www.geocities.com/soxerboxx3/defensor4me.jpg

    These are in my opinion the absolute HOLY GRAIL for a G1, G2 hybrid collector, simply because they were never released... but a very microscopic handful of collectors do have them.
    I hope they are holy grails because you really want them and not because they are really expensive (and hence out of reach).

  8. #28
    Join Date
    28th Dec 2007
    Location
    A little to the left... a little bit more...
    Posts
    3,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    My holy grail is a G1 MISB Bluestreak in C10 box.
    Kewl... another Bluestreak fan???

  9. #29
    Join Date
    19th Aug 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I hope they are holy grails because you really want them and not because they are really expensive (and hence out of reach).
    Whatever I define my holy grail to be, and the reasons for doing so, thats completely up to me, wether thats because of PRICE/RARITY or sentimental value or attainability in the short-term is beside the point. Each collector has their own reasons for collecting, there is no rule saying why you should collect or what constitutes a holy grail, it is completely subjective and thats how it should be.

    As you probably know, the 'released' G2 line is not that hard to collect, people were throwing them in for free with deals at botcons. The most valuable released ones is probably the orange devastator set, and even that is not that difficult to obtain. The g2 protypes menasor and defensor is what drives me to complete my collection. Most collectors are intrigued by rarity, and with rarity comes price. If you really need an 'unartificial' reason for me to justify my own holy grail, it is that these 2 prototype sets are actually carded, most prototypes are just fragile uncolourful loose figures that were used as initial moulds to the final toys.
    Last edited by jgon2098; 31st October 2008 at 11:40 AM.

  10. #30
    Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive
    Join Date
    18th Jan 2008
    Location
    at one with the matrix...
    Posts
    3,725

    Default

    I really don't have any holy grails...

    In the past 6 months, Every late G1 figure I've wanted, I've obtained. In the future, I aim to get my hands on both a complete & in good nick Liokaiser and Dai Atlas for reasonable dollars. Being as they pop up from time-to-time on Ebay, I wouldn't really classify them as pipe dreams/holy grails as they are realistically obtainable.

    There's always a way... (besides winning lotto )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •