Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Transformers Holy Grails and Loose Ends

I would jump on a reissue or CHUG Battle Gaia in a heartbeat.
    I love how Shuttle Gunner's alt mode is explicitly described as a "Combat Space Shuttle" (戦闘スペースシャトル)
    Target Hawk's the best looking of the lot IMO and I love the silver elbow stickers on Great Cannon. Makes me wish that they'd done it for Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    I spent a lot of time hunting for one about six years ago but was unsuccessful. Even when I was travelling through Asia talking to every single toy store worker trying to find one in a condition I was willing to spend it?s asking price on but never came across one in the condition you have.
    Yeah, I totally lucked out on this one. I just put the feelers out in a Facebook group and a very reputable person in the G1 community had not one but two to choose from. One was sealed, which doesn't suit my purposes (or budget for that matter), and the other was this set I bought. Really can't complain, stickers are nice and crisp and joints are fairly tight. Hope you can find one that you are happy with too!

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Even the box looks mint. Very nice.
    Thanks! Unfortunately the tray is a custom/KO, so I didn't photograph it with the set, but the seller was up front about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I would jump on a reissue or CHUG Battle Gaia in a heartbeat.
    I would too 100%, especially if CHUG.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I would too 100%, especially if CHUG.
    If I had G1 Battle Gaia, I'd still jump on both the reissues and CHUGs as I have done with some of my other G1 gestalt sets.
    (e.g. Combaticons, Constructicons etc.)
    Reissues not only allow me to "retire" the G1s as display pieces and have the reissues to play with, but it also allows me to display these toys in different modes. With gestalts I like to display the G1s in their combined gestalt modes and the reissues in individual bot modes, although if I still had the original box for any of my G1 gestalts* as you have for Battle Gaia, I'd probably do it the other way around. Display those G1s in the box and the reissues loose.

-----------------------------------------------
    *Not that any of the G1 gestalts were ever released here in box sets; I never even knew that they existed until after the internet became a thing (by which time I'd already stopped actively collecting G1).

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I like gooold, but here he is

Stunning.

I would have paid $2,000 USD back in 2013 (when the AUD was above parity against USD ). Those days are behind me...

Personally I’m chasing the hard to find G1 cassettes

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Battle Gaia acquired!
    Very nice. Are Swindle and Blast Off actually the exact same base colours as their G2 counterparts?

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Are Swindle and Blast Off actually the exact same base colours as their G2 counterparts?
    BG "Swindle" is red whereas G2 Swindle is lighter red, more of an orange colour.
    BG "Blast Off" has yellowed a bit, but yeah both he and G2 Blast Off have a white base. Although the chests are different colours for instance.

One interesting thing I did notice was that aside from the chestplates, all the combiner accessories and ramps for Battle Gaia and G2 Bruticus are identical. Even the paint apps on the heads are the same, although the eye paint is applied a tad differently between the two.

Before I took these pics I had to put a little blob of blu tack underneath the G2 parts just so there was no chance of confusing them.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Current grail: Earthrise Scorponok.
    Amazon's already charged my credit card but hasn't shipped yet. :/

Also questing for Cyberverse Arcee (scouring local shops, yet to find one but handled someone else's this weekend).

Got Cyberverse Thunderhowl. My quest for an Earthrise Runamuck continues...