Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hints of whats to come for the Encore series?

I agree with the cave news.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    HasTak has announced that they do indeed have the Constructicon molds but didn't want to reissue them due to all the knockoffs which has flooded the market.
    Rawr! Anybody stupid enough to choose a KO over a legit reissue deserves to be beaten and flogged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
    My thinking is that given its a 25th anniversary section, why would you waste screen realestate with pictures of transformers you are not going to make money off? If they just needed to show a combiner then why not just show Bruticus since he is already being reissued and it would be good advertising and not wasting the space?
    Perhaps they were the most popular they had on hand. Everyone knows Devastator and sinc Chromedome was a popular character thy would seem a pretty wise choice.

IMO there isn't much to get excietd from that page.

That page isn't for advertising current products. It's to showcase the history of the Transformers' development. And the most prominent image is of Alternity, which is a current product. It's meant to be like, "Look how far we've come."

Personally i'm a Fortress Maximus nut. If its fort max, i want it. The amount of money i've spent on the 3 variants scares me but i think i'd be pretty pissed if they re-issued him because it would send the value of the original plummeting would it not? of would it make it even more nostalgic?

This isn't to say i wouldn't buy like 10 of him just for giggles if we saw a reasonable price tag, say a couple of hundred USD but overall i think the biggest, baddest, kick your own ass cause he can transformer of all time should be kept as a vintage prize.

I always see people commenting on collections like "RAWR FORT MAX" and "I'm so not worthy of fort max" yadda yadda and i think if he was re-issued, that would all be lost

Bring on the rest of the headmasters for sure though but i'd say the next ehobby will be Ghost Starscream (no evidence to support this) and G1 Piranacon seeing as they just released the TFCC version so we know the mould is still good.

We all know they love to pump their moulds as much as they can
    Last edited by Linthart; 22nd March 2009 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linthart View Post
    i think the biggest, baddest, kick your own ass cause he can transformer of all time should be kept as a vintage prize.

I always see people commenting on collections like "RAWR FORT MAX" and "I'm so not worthy of fort max"
    When, in the history of the world, has anyone ever said "I'm so not worthy of Fort Max"? The idea that something shouldn't be reissued because it should be kept vintage is daft. The only reason why a toy should not be reissued is if Takara cannot make a profit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    When, in the history of the world, has anyone ever said "I'm so not worthy of Fort Max"? The idea that something shouldn't be reissued because it should be kept vintage is daft. The only reason why a toy should not be reissued is if Takara cannot make a profit from it.
    i have no doubts that profits would go through the roof for it.

the whole worthy thing i see over at tfw2005 boards. ha i'd go looking for it but there is alot to go through i remember when i first discovered fort max a couple of years ago i would see people post comments like that, i guess its one of the reasons i wanted it so badly was because some people saw him with such a vivid emotion.

of course you can see it from the other perspective of those that are desperately seeking a fort max but simply cannot justify the excruciating cost where a reissue would be like a godsend for their collection.

Would anyone be suprised if they re-issued him? i dont think so. RID got him within the last decade so we know the mould is good. The only real reason why it wouldn't be overly feasible for them is because shipping costs are a bitch!

ok i've decided i sound like a pompous ass :-S

I'm not sure if Fort Max would be profitable. I've heard reports that a lot of the larger Encores like Metroflex and Omega Supreme have been shelf-warming - and Fortress Maximus would utterly dwarf them (both physically and financially).

As much as I would love to see an Encore Fort Max*+, considering how Metroflex and Omega Supreme are reportedly shelf-warming, I wouldn't blame Takara for not reissuing any more base/city-formers. If these reports are true, and I were in TakaraTOMY's position, I wouldn't reissue Fortress Maximus.

---
    * because you just know that Takara would reissue it with the Master Sword - and we know that they do still have the Master Sword mould since they used it for the God Fire Sword (albeit w/ retooled handle for God Fire Convoy)
    + and an e-Hobby Grand Maximus would be make me so happy that I'd need to change my undies

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm not sure if Fort Max would be profitable. I've heard reports that a lot of the larger Encores like Metroflex and Omega Supreme have been shelf-warming - and Fortress Maximus would utterly dwarf them (both physically and financially).
    Hmm yep i'll pay that aspect too. I have noticed, as i'm yet to get my own hands on the encore Omega and Metroplex (c'mon exchange rate), that they both are constantly on sale at places like BBTS, TFsource etc. oh and skylinx.

Skylinx is a curious shelf warmer though as correct me if i'm wrong, but this is the first time TAKARA have released him right? I guess he just isn't overly popular as a toy as he's certainly not the most expensive one out there.

i would have thought that the japanese collectors may have snapped him up more because he wasn't released in the 80's in Japan