Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 x MP Projects - Ratchet, Grapple and Galvatron

Default 3 x MP Projects - Ratchet, Grapple and Galvatron

Hi guys, I know I did a separate posts for these before. I have decided to combine these three into 1 thread.

Here are the WIP.

At this stage, it looks like Grapple and Disney Label Prime were separated at birth. :-)

And Kelvin - how many Masterpiece Primes do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    And Kelvin - how many Masterpiece Primes do you have?
    Yeah do you like, steal them from children at Christmas time or something?

Fair comment.. hehe.. he will have 2 heads. Working on it at the moment. But 1 is like this with the ears. The other will be more like the sunbow cartoon version.

Alright... so regarding these masterpieces, 2 was scored at the Paramatta fair and Target faulty department. As said in previous thread, $25 at Parramatta fair and $50 for the MP-04.

The other one, well, yes, that one is from my old Hasbro 20th Century which was around $70. Since I got the MP-04 version, these were extras.

Anyway, would appreciate contructive feedback if any... MP Prime is great to use for MP range and its the most abundant in the market. I wouldnt use an MP-05 or others...

Here is an update. Started on Ratchet first.

Last update tonight with some paint app.

Wow - that was some quick and impressive work with Ratchet. Does he transform? I guess he'd look kind of like the G1 Ratchet toy in vehicle mode without his repair bay.

Sky Shadow,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, Ratchet is still early stages. They are going to transform.

Ratchet, 1/2 is using the original transformation. I am thinking of scratch building the repair bay. I think I can do this relatively well but then the question is that should it be only a piece that will snap on in transformed mode or should it be fold back pieces to the leg and back in true transformation style. The latter will probably take 10 times the amount of time but will not compromise. The first solution will probably look the best without too many joint lines.

Grapple will be the same as the G1 transformation once I get the front of the truck on. The crane will attach to the Leg position.

I will try to transform them tonight to give you guys an idea.

Ratchet is coming along very nicely. Are you going to do anymore paint apps on him? as he looks a bit bland to me at the moment and i do like the crosses on his shoulders simple but effective, and i cant wait to see further advancements of Grapple.

Hi Loophole..

Thanks for the comments. Yes, that was paint job coat 1 done. There will be other colours added for detailing. I just like to do a first app to see what the outcome will be like.

Well, you asked about Grapple, you're in luck. I found a couple of hours today to do some kitbashing.

Here are some WIP of Grapple. Although he looks more like inferno at the moment. Imagine the orange colour going on. I am working on the doors at the moment.