Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with Ebay:Difficult seller

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    Keep pressing him. Tell him you won't pay if he doesn't send you pictures of the actual item. If he tries to report you to eBay you can explain the situation and send them copies of his emails and whatnot.
    presently doing this. However, he's also using threats of withdrawing the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Well if you've allready bought it from other pics i'm siding with the seller. If you wanted pics you should have asked before buying. Because by you buying it no one else can.
    yes, I've bought the item. Requested pictures before auction ended and before buying. Seller declined and did not respond further. Responded only after auction ended.

I understand completely the buying policy.

just report him shall i do it? :P

If you have already bought the item then by contract you have to pay it. The seller is in the right here. You should have requested pics before commiting to buying it.
    ________
    Ferrari 166 s specifications
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    just report him shall i do it? :P
    I already did. Sadly, Ebay told me there's little they can do about my situation. I have to resolve this with the seller.

I got hold of his mobile number from ebay customer support. He doesn't answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    If you have already bought the item then by contract you have to pay it. The seller is in the right here. You should have requested pics before commiting to buying it.
    I know. I have requested countless times from this seller, actual pictures, even before the auction ended. For some reason he got angry and stated that the pictures he had up, were in fact from another ebay seller where he obtained the item.

I actually thought he would send me actual pictures after the auction ended (Most sellers I have dealt with, that have only stock pictures, will do this if requested). I guess I am at fault as well.

I am a little puzzled as to why he doesn't want to send a couple of pictures though (time constraints is never an issue with a customer i.e customer satisfaction).

With my retail experience, customer satisfaction is not number 1 priority for someone running an online business. If he's willing to ship overseas, he has an open market of millions of people, unlike the usual corner shop manager who needs the constant buyers, the repeat buyers.

Chances are he is busy but that doesn't mean you're in the wrong at all. Basically, if he is too busy, he should take the time aside to say "this is the problem I'm having with time constraints, please be patient" rather than a flat out refusal. Hell I had an item that wasn't posted for a month after the auction ended and the payment was made. Left them a negative feedback I certainly did.

Either way you're up s#!+ creek without a paddle. You have to pay for it now due to the legally binding contract that is ebay. Best of luck man.

Well, today I paid for the item. Hopefully I get the exact one displayed on the auction. Ebay customer support told me if I didn't follow through with the transaction, I could get a strike or negative feedback on my account. Wouldn't want that to happen.

good luck to u dude... i'm hoping that i don't get a KO with my recent purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    good luck to u dude... i'm hoping that i don't get a KO with my recent purchase
    same to you bro