Thread: Dentists in Sydney and Spending on Transformers.

Default Dentists in Sydney and Spending on Transformers.

In what seems like a week of potential financial disasters on OTCA - and as Jgon and Blackie now know - I have broken a tooth this evening. From an aesthetic point of view it's not too bad at least - it's not one of the conspicuous front ones - it's a 'first molar' according to the Internet. I've only been in Sydney about a year now, so I haven't yet got myself a dentist. I'm also now a bit scared about how much a dentist might cost (I do have health insurance, but I'm sure that will only cover me for a fraction.) My sister has suggested a couple of dentists, but I was wondering if anyone thought they know a good one who doesn't charge a tooth and a leg.

As a side-effect of this fear of the cost of dentists, I've impulse decided to:

a) not eat lollies,
    b) floss and
    c) go cold-turkey on Transformers spending.

All three are probably good for me - I'm not good at doing either a) or c) in moderation, so maybe a self-imposed blanket ban is a good thing.

(This also means Blackie's Quickswitch and Jgon's Decepticon Clones are still available. Bloody hell - even as I'm typing this, I'm thinking "ooh... Quickswitch and the Decepticon Clones - that would be nice." Seriously, I must have the worst willpower of anyone I know. Aaarrgh!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    In what seems like a week of potential financial disasters on OTCA - and as Jgon and Blackie now know - I have broken a tooth this evening. From an aesthetic point of view it's not too bad at least - it's not one of the conspicuous front ones - it's a 'first molar' according to the Internet. I've only been in Sydney about a year now, so I haven't yet got myself a dentist. I'm also now a bit scared about how much a dentist might cost (I do have health insurance, but I'm sure that will only cover me for a fraction.) My sister has suggested a couple of dentists, but I was wondering if anyone thought they know a good one who doesn't charge a tooth and a leg.

As a side-effect of this fear of the cost of dentists, I've impulse decided to:

a) not eat lollies,
    b) floss and
    c) go cold-turkey on Transformers spending.

All three are probably good for me - I'm not good at doing either a) or c) in moderation, so maybe a self-imposed blanket ban is a good thing.

(This also means Blackie's Quickswitch and Jgon's Decepticon Clones are still available. Bloody hell - even as I'm typing this, I'm thinking "ooh... Quickswitch and the Decepticon Clones - that would be nice." Seriously, I must have the worst willpower of anyone I know. Aaarrgh!)
    Unfortunately all dentists in Sydney charge an arm and a leg. However you should be ok if the health insurance covers you for at least half of it.

hehe..i just fix 2 teeths in Singapore that cost me Canal Root Treatment for S$2600 + 3 fillings for S$240. if this was done in Melbourne..and i have Medibank Private (able to claim A$400 back), i still have to fork out A$5k+