Default New York Toyfair

A "thread from the archives"

================================================== ====================
    AUSTRANS BULLETIN BOARD SERVICE
    - News from Overseas
    - - New York Toyfair

Griffin
    05 June 1985 05:16 PM

I've been sent an letter from a fan in America.

He has information from the Toy Fair held in New York from the Transformers display.

He says they had a heap of new TransFormer toys on display that will be on sale later this year in America (and maybe here too?).

Heres' what he told me:
    * More cars and planes (but some of these are the same toys with new colours and some modifications - like Prowl and Bluestreak)
    * More mini-"vehicles" (not just mini-"cars")
    * New ones that turn into mechanical insects (bad guys) and dinosaurs (good guys)
    * Two that transform by themselves
    * One that is a working microscope
    * Two "3-Changers" that can transform from a robot to a vehicle and to another vehicle
    * And a big "Constructicon" that splits into six different trucks

Sounds great! I can't wait for more information and hopefully some pictures.

=========================================
    Paulboy
    05 June 1985 05:58 PM

Wow! Have to start saving pocket money!

Do you think with the planes we'll get some of those other planes from the cartoon? I want to know what their names are.

"And a big "Constructicon" that splits into six different trucks" So does that mean like Voltron? And would it be an Autobot or a Decepticon? The "ticon" might mean it's a bad guy but so far only the Autobots are trucks.

Goku
    05 June 1985 06:04 PM

More cars is good news. I like the ones that turn into cars the most. I wonder what the other minivehicles are going to be? Those are good as they fun and don't cost much money to buy.

Burn
    05 June 1985 06:55 PM

More animals is cool. I really like the tapes. Maybe we'll get some Autobots that turn into animals too if that's not just the baddies that can turn into animals.

Prince Zed
    05 June 1985 07:44 PM

How can they transform by themselves? Doesn't sound that much fun. I would want those ones that turn three times. That sound really wonderful.

Tiby
    05 June 1985 07:49 PM

I think Constructicon is just that big robot's name. If it turns into trucks then it's got to be an Autobot. I think that crane we saw in the cartoon might be part of it because it isn't one of the toys you can get so far.

A working Microscope is fun but could be really expensive. I wonder if they could make Soundwave a working casette player?

Vector Sigma 3
    06 June 1985 03:22 PM

I like Voltron but Transformers is different from Voltron. If I want a Voltron toy I can get those. I would want it if the different trucks could turn into robots too!

Last edited by Paulbot; 1st April 2009 at 01:09 PM.