Default Preview pictures of the new TransFormers Cartoon in the TV Week

A "thread from the archives"

================================================== ====================
    AUSTRANS BULLETIN BOARD SERVICE
    - Local News
    - - Preview pictures of the new TransFormers Cartoon in the TV Week

Paulboy
    12 June 1985 04:12 PM

Did you see the pictures of the new TransFormers Cartoon in the TV week? If not see if you can go to the newsagents to have a look. It looks different to what I thought but looks good. I can't wait until next Saturday morning to see it.

=========================================
    Ironhide
    12 June 1985 04:27 PM

I saw it and I hated it. It doesn't look anything like the toys. They don't look like robots or also they don't look like the toys. One of the pictures shows Bumblebee apparently but where are the wheels on his arms? And his head's all weird shapes nothing like the toy.

Goku
    12 June 1985 04:38 PM

I agree this isn't what Transformers should look like. The storybooks get it right so why do they look so different to the toys in the cartoon.

Paulbot
    12 June 1985 04:39 PM

It's probably just easier to animate like that. I like the look of it so far and am exicted to see the cartoon now.

Goku
    12 June 1985 05:05 PM

But in the Machine Men cartoon they look like the toys and you can clearly see how they change from machine men to mighty vehicles. Look at Bumblebee in the cartoon picture. the front of the car is just little feet. Where will the legs go when he changes?

The Scream Boy
    12 June 1985 05:19 PM

Which TV Week has this?

Paulboy
    12 June 1985 05:22 PM

The date on it is 18 June 1985. It has Molly and Brendan from A Country Practice on the cover. The pictures are on the Ossie Ostrich comic page.

Griffin
    12 June 1985 06:20 PM

I think you should wait and watch the cartoon. It's hard to tell from a couple of pictures what the cartoon will be like.

mv75
    13 June 1985 07:14 AM

Optimus Prime has the same problem with the missing wheels too. It's so odd. This is not TransFormers to me.

Burn
    13 June 1985 07:26 AM

Cleary the cartoon's going to look a bit different. It's the same in the Voltron cartoon. When the lions form Voltron the legs kind of shrink in the cartoon but they don't in the toys.

Goku
    13 June 1985 07:41 AM

Yes but in Voltron you can still see the legs are there. The wheels have disappeared altogether in those pictures.

the_darned
    13 June 1985 04:15 PM

I'm so excited about seeing the cartoon. Thanks for letting us now about these pictures in the magazine.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 1st April 2009 at 01:08 PM.

That was funny. I like seeing these old "thread[s] from the archives". And you do an amusingly accurate Griffin impersonation in both of them.