Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 182833343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: April Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I've played with 4 Infernos, and 2 have been very floppy (loose joints), but the other two were fine... bizarre.
    Mine and blackies were too. That makes it 2/2 for me. I'm hoping I can just tighten a screw somewhere or something
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Mine and blackies were too. That makes it 2/2 for me. I'm hoping I can just tighten a screw somewhere or something
    The main problem with mine is the arm that holds the gun, my solution so far is to pose it sideways. I'm a big fan of the clear nail polish fix if all else fails.

G1 Rumble - sadly not in as good a condition as was advertised on ebay (the gold on the chest was pristine in the auction picture) but I'm still really pleased to own this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I've played with 4 Infernos, and 2 have been very floppy (loose joints), but the other two were fine... bizarre.
    Mine's really floppy. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    G1 Rumble - sadly not in as good a condition as was advertised on ebay (the gold on the chest was pristine in the auction picture) but I'm still really pleased to own this guy.
    Ask for at least a partial refund. The dude misrepresented the item.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Insecticlones from ebay.
    Complete Scoop, Diaclone birdy (who needs to decide his name and faction very soon) and assorted doubles and triples of combiners and minibots all from jgon.

Cybertron Shortround (surprisingly large) & Energon Sharkticon (stubby arms and back-heavy but otherwise cool) courtesy of llamatron's recent sale.

Doubledealer: on the bright side, in that condition the toy's probably legit and not a knock off! See your local hobby store and see if they have a paint similar to gold chrome that you can use to restore your Rumble. You won't find actual chrome but you may find similar. You can get actual chrome paints, but they're expensive (because people use them to spray-paint cars & machinery, not toys or miniatures). Like for silver chrome I would use something like Mithral Silver. Not sure what the closest approximation of gold chrome would be though. I'm guessing maybe Lord_Zed might know?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger
    Diaclone birdy (who needs to decide his name and faction very soon)
    The cassettes are from Microman not Diaclone. And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that toy appears to be a fake. According to the Transformers Variations site it's from a KO Microman line called "Transistor Robots."
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 28th April 2009 at 11:41 PM.

The first of my two part HLJ order.:

Henkei Prime
    Henkei Prowl
    Henkei Octane
    Henkei Galvatron
    Henkei Ramjet
    MP Thundercracker

This was the order that set me on my path to triple up on Henkei. I dunno, combination of the low cost I got each at (I paid $220 shipped for all that!) it made me think it couldn't hurt to triple up on all Henkei molds. Especially given once the movie hits, my O/S buying is going to dry up significantly.

Superlink goodness at some crazy prices.

SD-20 General Galvatron was one of my grails for a long time and I am so glad to finally have him despite missing out on him at cheaper prices. The SD-08 Shadowhawks came to about $11 each! The Chrom Horn Forest at $30! I couldn't be happier! Oh and the colours on Scorponok are just purely superior. Too bad I don't have a spare so I can keep this one boxed.

This was my first transaction from the Netherlands/Europe and I have to say it was completely hassle free - contrary to my usual perception of buying from Europe (English issues, shipping costs etc.) It cost 32 euro to ship all that (said on the box even though seller charged me 34) so the shipping cost is very good.

And all those tech spec cards make me giddy
    Last edited by STL; 29th April 2009 at 02:16 AM.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

ahh megazarak, ive been wanting one for a while. They are pretty expensive though. Very lucky