Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hpoo's Mini MP Grimlock review.

Default Hpoo's Mini MP Grimlock review.

From TF wiki: "The "Masterpiece" line is a series of Transformers created by Takara to update a character's G1 toy with today's advanced engineering techniques."

(Sorry forgot to rotate some pics)

And they did a dam good job. Like i said quick review. Please add your thoughts if I seem vague or if you'd like more detail.

MP Grimlock is a must have figure. Its a big call to make, especially given the price of the figure. 12000 JPY at robotkingdom with the current ex rates plus postage put's him at $220 - $240 if you buy him on your own without a group order.

But he's simply beautiful.

BOX and Accesories: Massive box, almost twice as deep as the seekers boxes. There's the mind transfer device, individual cups, goblets, and serving tray, bow tie, waiters apron, sword and gun. The accesories are nice touches, but most western fans would have appreciated the crown more. (hint hint FP ) I've only played with the sword and gun.

Bot Mode: Good articulation in the arms and legs, the feet tilt to the side for extra poseability, minimal hip articulation, pretty stock standard stuff. The chrome I stared at the figure for 20 minutes willing my hands to de-oil them selves before touching it, but you cant transform it without making contact with the shiny stuff, I recommend clear coating the silver on the tail. Only because I thought I was immune to the MP Megs cosmic rust, prevention is better than the cure.

Dino Mode: Cooler than Bruce Campbell (Ash in Army of Darkness, the 80's babies will get it )

The tail is fixed in a curve, so that when you try and put him into a T-rex on the prowl stance he looks like a domestic cat. He's still nice and mean looking, the dino head can tilt a long way vertically so you can make some snappy poses.

Overall: a perfect rendition of G1 Grimlock, however the price is really steap so I can understand if people put it off in the hope of Hasbro's being cheaper. (if it even happens)
    For those of you waiting for yours, it'll be worth it. I almost asked my wife for 5 mins alone with it.

Nice, can't wait for mine to arrive!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

cant wait for next week

"Hail to the King, baby."

I want this toy, but not for what it would cost me to get it from Japan. Come on Hasbro, you know you wanna release this toy -- with crown! *Jedi.mind.trick@Archer*

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo View Post
    Overall: a perfect rendition of G1 Grimlock, however the price is really steap so I can understand if people put it off in the hope of Hasbro's being cheaper. (if it even happens)
    For those of you waiting for yours, it'll be worth it. I almost asked my wife for 5 mins alone with it.

Hehe I like the sound of that.

Makes me want to parphrase an old Simpsons episode.

"Marge I'd like to be alone now with the toy"
    "you'r not going to play with it are you"
    pauses........
    "yes"

Can't wait!

Best MP yet! I think it is worth the money.

Yeh, I busted mine out yesterday! FEAKING AMAZING! I have been disappointed with the Masterpieces since after Convoy came out, but Grimbo is brillo!

Nice size, excellent balance in robot mode. The articulation goes down to his toes dammit! Its just beautiful to behold! Nice head movement, arm and leg, little bit of waist movement available too.

The Sword and gun are cool. The light looks great through them and the gun even has a couple of tiny little gaps in the black that allow some light through like they are meant to be vents. The Sword just looks fatastic when lit up, the grooves that have been moulded in just add a bit of texture and makes its awesome! I am gonna have to take some snappy-haps tomorrow night methinks.

Shame about the apron though. I second the FP crown making project! The tray and drinks are pretty cool and some of the drinks even look like they have liwuid in them! The bow tie I can see as getting lost easily as mine has dropped out of the box as I put him back in

I told the wife I was gonna sleep in the spare room with him... When I started taking him out of the box, I think I was drooling a little. Thats how good he is. My Henkei and Universe Cyclonie are looking a little jealous that they aren't the best tfs ever anymore. Still, the price is err, well pricey. But I am glad I got one.

Managed to get some snaps before the sun came up this morning. WOOOO LIGHTY!

The sword is very cool. Check out th lines which add some awesome texture to the light effect. Almost looks as is if the sword is pulsing/flowing with energon!!

The Gun. This one has the "vents" I was talking about.

The very left has the handle that goes into his fist, the middle light is the vent and the right is the barrel.

One cool thing I noticed, when transforming him from robot to dino, the insignia on his chest disappears, and re-appears when going back to robo mode!!

Grimlock is cool. It's a nice touch that the gun is the original upsized.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Oooo... Me Robzy love MP Grimlock!