Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TFA Season 3 Ep07 "Predacons Rising" !!Spoiler!!!

Quality stuff, Sentinel is awesome. Nice to see the 'maximals' at the end.

Ah wow, that was a great episode.

Thoughts...

+ We finally see some further exposition on Sentinel Prime. He's still a shallow jerkwad, but it worked well in this episode with his reaction to Blackarachnia serving as a powerful metaphor for prejudice.

+ The machine that Blackarachnia constructed and used to convert Wasp into Waspinator was a nice tribute to "The Fly."

+ It was good to see Optimus Prime give Bumblebee a pep talk about taking responsibility for the part he played in Wasp's downfall and then seeing Bumblebee trying to make peace with Wasp by finally apologising. It was also interesting to see a dichotomy in Waspinator's persona when he said that Wasp forgives him but Waspinator never will... it's as if "Wasp" represents the Autobot he used to be back in the academy, whereas "Waspinator" represents the crazed lunatic that he's become since his imprisonment.

+ Interesting to see Wasp's Earth mode - a straight up repaint of Bumblebee. I want a Wasp toy!! A repainted & retooled Activator like Cliffjumper would be perfect.

+ Seeing Waspinator drag himself around in pieces was a nice tribute to Beast Wars, as was his last line; "Waspinator has plans!" That actually had me laughing out loud.

+ At one stage Jetfire and Jetstorm say, "Maximum Burn!" - another neat Beast Wars tribute!

+ It was good to see Sentinel Prime making peace with Optimus Prime, but we've seen this before only to have Sentinel Prime revert back to his old self next time. I hope this time that there will be some lasting development in the relationship between Optimus and Sentinel.

+ Seeing Sentinel Prime accepting the mantle of supreme leadership was another good sign of this character's development and also seeing the Sentinel Prime G1 tribute come full circle. Before now the only thing Animated Sentinel Prime had in common with G1 Sentinel Prime was his name. Now seeing Animated Sentinel Prime becoming Autobot supreme commander ahead of Optimus Prime... yeah, a subtle yet nice nod to G1.

+ The gorilla, rhinoceros, cheetah and giant rat were a nice homage to Beast Wars. I'm quite sure that they're just animals specifically chosen and with the rat intentionally enlarged as a BW tribute, nothing more.

It was definitely great to see Forward and DiTillio back writing TFs!

That was pretty cool. I liked the Transmetal 2ish head that Blackarachnia sports without her helmet. Bad case of Helmet hair there hey?

I liked the way that Waspinator gets powered up. Maybe BA will stay beasty and power herself up? Sentinel was (as always) awesome! Love the way he was grapple flown to the Island by the brothers. Pure Cheese!

Interesting to see that Optimus and Sentinels personal conflicts have been a catalyst for the formation of predacons. They were against each other during BAs fate and Wasp was bot-napped while the Primes argued. Bit of a theme going on there.

Look forward to more goodies going on here.

Good ep.

I wonder how Sari fits into the whole techno-organic theme . Will find out soon I guess.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Good ep.

I wonder how Sari fits into the whole techno-organic theme . Will find out soon I guess.
    Sari returns for the next two part episode of Human Error. Hopefully with full upgrades.