Thread: Takara Classics Megatron Preorder

Default Takara Classics Megatron Preorder

Hi,

I was a bit late in requesting a Preorder from HLJ fro the Takara repaint of Classics Megatron.

I have sent a preorder request email to F2F but its been 4 days and have not gotten a reply yet so I am not all that confident in their service.

Anyone know of a place that I can order Takara's Classics Megatron at a reasonable price?

Thanks
    ________
    Medical Marijuana Patients
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:12 PM.

BBTS is okay but shipping might kill you. Kup, I'll say not to worry too much. What I've noticed in the past with Takara and Japanese offerings that are popular to the fan market, is that eBay sellers stock on them. Some offer them at very competitive prices. For instance, I thought I missed the boat with Masterpiece Skywarp from HLJ but ended up paying only $110 for him on eBay about a week later. Popular japanese stuff does get offered at cheap prices on ebay. I've seen the MP3 Blue Soundwave offered for less than retail price in total. I've got a MP3 Soundblaster on the way that I paid less than $90 for when the Japanese RRP is 10,000 yen (approx $100) not including shipping/

The more obscure stuff from Takara like JBW or Micron Legends not so much. They're harder to get a good deal on b/c the sellers know that most collectors other than completists dont' give a rats about them.

I'm sometimes tempted to not pre-order and wait on eBay b/c so far all the popular stuff does get offered cheaply on eBay but I keep pre-ordering just to be sure.

Thanks STL, I think you would be right but its a bit of a gamble as prices could inflate like they do for popular characters in the BT and Alt lines.

Edit: Got the name wrong, saw blue avatar and confused the user
    ________
    Grow Medical Marijuana
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Thanks STL, I think you would be right but its a bit of a gamble as prices could inflate like they do for popular characters in the BT and Alt lines.

Edit: Got the name wrong, saw blue avatar and confused the user
    Even the Alts were originally at very reasonable prices. I recall passing up on Meisters at $50 US at one point. It's the fact that Alts and BTs have been out of production for so long and that newer/returned collectors demand for these guys who really are the ultimate TFs that have pushed their prices up. I don't think it'd hurt Takara to reissue them to be honest. It might piss off a lot of folk who shelled out $150 for Meister/Smokescreen but they'd sell like hotcakes.

I myself want doubles of all BTs but would hardly embark on that with a list of Gwunners I'm still after.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

I have sent a preorder request email to F2F but its been 4 days and have not gotten a reply yet so I am not all that confident in their service.

Thanks
    That's odd, he usually takes two days to answer. Maybe he is looking into aquiring more stock or something. Those classics have been listed there for a while and he was first to post the pics of the repainted versions...

The Japanese release of USA version Starscream is scheduled for tomorrow - I wonder if I will hear from him before you. :P

I hope he isn't ill again. I heard he was really sick at the end of last year.

EDIT: BBTS screwed up my last three orders in a row - I would only consider using them if I had NO alternative.
    Last edited by Tober; 6th February 2008 at 07:37 AM.

Kup...HLJ has their order back up for Classic Meg. i just saw it being available...quick!!!!

Thanks, already have!

I am glad that's settled!
    ________
    Jeep Jeepster Specifications
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 03:14 PM.