Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro will be releasing Masterpiece Grimlock

Default Hasbro will be releasing Masterpiece Grimlock

Unfortunate news: I was contacted by Hasbro Consumer Services today and was told that Masterpiece Grimlock "is not available in Australia and will not be available in Australia"

(T_T)

I assume that's the Australian branch hey? I dunno if this is much like Nintendo of Australia - who don't know anything until after it's happened.. but I wouldn't put much weight in what they say.. probably just repeating company line *for now*.

IMO, you should just get a Takara one though... forgo a bunch of crappy regular line toys you might have otherwise picked up.. as these are the kinds of Transformers we should be supporting with our money.

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Aw, crap.

I can't afford a Takara one. Right now I'm saving up for the new movie toys - then I'm also gonna be digging deep to help fund the convention (since we've had barely any donations) and there's something else that's happening in my personal life that's going to completely sap me of spare time and money.

So I've been personally hoping for Hasbro to release this toy locally - and they've now officially told me that this isn't going to happen. Even recommended that I go ahead and import one. Hasbro's words to me were specifically "not available in Australia and won't be available in Australia."

And yeah, it's Hasbro Australia. I walked into their office on Friday afternoon and asked them if Australia was going to get MP Grimlock. They took down my contact details and told me that they would get back to me on Monday - which they have.

Hasbro Consumer Services can be contacted on 1300138697

Ah sorry, that sounds unfortunate. I guess i just always imagine most people on here are absolutely loaded - some single acquisitions posts dwarf my entire year's spending!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I assume that's the Australian branch hey? I dunno if this is much like Nintendo of Australia - who don't know anything until after it's happened.. but I wouldn't put much weight in what they say.. probably just repeating company line *for now*.

IMO, you should just get a Takara one though... forgo a bunch of crappy regular line toys you might have otherwise picked up.. as these are the kinds of Transformers we should be supporting with our money.
    I agree with all of that.

I don't know why people are assuming that if Hasbro does release MP-8, it's going to be priced like Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream or DVD Prime. I can't imagine Hasbro will get it out the door for less than A$150, if not at least A$200.

And I put absolutely no stock in anything Hasbro AU has to say, with their most recent fallacy being the one about no new voyagers. Inferno anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    I don't know why people are assuming that if Hasbro does release MP-8, it's going to be priced like Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream or DVD Prime. I can't imagine Hasbro will get it out the door for less than A$150, if not at least A$200.
    Import stores here are selling MP Grimlock for $320-330. While $200 is a steep price for a MP, it's cheaper than paying import prices. How much have other people been paying for their MP Grimlocks including postage?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    And I put absolutely no stock in anything Hasbro AU has to say, with their most recent fallacy being the one about no new voyagers. Inferno anyone?
    Well I really hope that you're right on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Import stores here are selling MP Grimlock for $320-330. While $200 is a steep price for a MP, it's cheaper than paying import prices. How much have other people been paying for their MP Grimlocks including postage?

Well I really hope that you're right on this one.
    ~180 shipped to Melbourne from toywholesaler, and that will most likely be the best price we will ever see unless something happens to the economy bigtime and the yen or USD drops further against the AUD

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yeah, I don't really trust Hasbro Aus either (not that I think they're lying, just that they often say one thing and then it turns out differently).

But it's disappointing news if it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Unfortunate news: I was contacted by Hasbro Consumer Services today and was told that Masterpiece Grimlock "is not available in Australia and will not be available in Australia"

(T_T)
    Did they say ever?

And really is this that surprising? You know it's not available. Will it be available? They've released 2 out of 8 Masterpiece toys as Target Exclusives. The odds were never in the favour of it coming out here.

Ask again when Hasbro has announced a US release.