Thread: D'oh, no more Simpsons at 6pm

Default D'oh, no more Simpsons at 6pm

Channel Ten to cut the 6pm re-runs of the Simpsons:
    News.com

Apparently it costs $25,000 an episode to air, (for repeats!!!) and since Channel 10 is a regular third at 6pm, it makes sense financially to drop it.

Not sure the extra 30 minutes of news will be a good idea, channel Ten's news is always a bit sparse in the "real news" section, and I doubt they will go for something more like SBS World News...

And how can you cut the Simpsons and keep neighbours?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Channel Ten to cut the 6pm re-runs of the Simpsons:
    News.com

Apparently it costs $25,000 an episode to air, (for repeats!!!) and since Channel 10 is a regular third at 6pm, it makes sense financially to drop it.

Not sure the extra 30 minutes of news will be a good idea, channel Ten's news is always a bit sparse in the "real news" section, and I doubt they will go for something more like SBS World News...

Well I suppose it much make financial sense. Have you seen that show ? It must cost less than $25,000 to produce each episode ... it must. The acting is so god awful and they probably just reuse scripts from 2 seasons ago, or borrow them from home and away.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Neighbours is a saleable product. While we might not appreciate it , it's a soap masterpiece compared to the crap thats home grown in the UK.

Well, its been around for awhile in that slot, it wouldn't surprise me if it went. I'm over the Simpsons though
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Neighbours is a saleable product. While we might not appreciate it , it's a soap masterpiece compared to the crap thats home grown in the UK.
    It's true, for some strange reason Ten gets paid a ridiculous amount of money to export it to the UK. Wouldn't be suprised if they make more profit from the UK license than they do in airing it in Australia.

We had some friends from England staying at our house a little while back, Neighbors is absolutely huge over there they said.

North Melbourne-bot...?

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    It's true, for some strange reason Ten gets paid a ridiculous amount of money to export it to the UK. Wouldn't be suprised if they make more profit from the UK license than they do in airing it in Australia.
    I think not all that long ago that a UK company pretty much took over paying for production of Neighbours with the broadcasting fees they were charged.
    Fools and their money...

Didn't take long for the rumour to be quashed by Ten, but with how much chopping and changing they have done in 6-7pm slot Would it surprise anyone if they messed around more (especially if this chef show flops at 7)?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Ten's biggest problem is they're of the mindset their network should be the aimed at teen-35 market, as such, they don't really produce their news for the 35+ market, and that's the age bracket more inclined to watch the news, so they'll change to 7, 9, or even Sky News. Once they do that they'll have no need to go back to 10 later on in the night because they'll see the ads for the other stations.