52 71.23%
  • none

11 15.07%
  • wheres Geeeee 1uuuuuuuners?

3 4.11%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting TF2-ROTF Toys?

"only some"
    I only want to get at least one toy representing each character from the movie and perhaps expanded universe movie toys if they look cool to me. I don't plan on getting any repaints, FABs, Cyber Slammers etc.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm just becoming too disgusted with the retail prices.

It'll have to be a very special character/toy for me to want it.

I should have stuck with the last option as that's what I will be guaranteed spending on. (encore).
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I'm waiting for Premium Editions and Clearance sales.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75
    I'm just becoming too disgusted with the retail prices.
    There's gonna come to a breaking point where importing becomes cheaper and many of us will opt for it.

Both liegeprime and I imported Henkei Inferno because we were unable to find Universe Inferno until yesterday at TRU. They were selling Universe Inferno for $50, which is pretty much what we paid for Henkei Inferno including postage. So in this case, we paid basically the same price for an import (with postage!!) compared to what we would've paid locally. That's stupid.

Once local retail prices exceed import prices, then why wouldn't you just import?

And it's not the first time it's happened either. Hasbro's G1 reissues here shelf-warmed for ages because they were so expensive that you could buy Japanese imports, from expensive import stores, for nearly the same price!! (and for cheaper if you just imported them yourself directly from Japan) As Takara's reissues were preferable to many collectors, most of us just imported them from Japan instead of getting them locally. Eventually the cost of Japanese reissues at import stores matched the standard price of local ones, then they became cheaper (again, in import stores!!). No wonder most of us opted for imports. The cost of Alternators here were also initially comparable with the cost of Binaltech too. I remember seeing Alternator Smokescreen in Kmart for approximately the same amount that I paid for my Binaltech Smokescreen from HLJ. (-_-)

We all remember Toys R Us massively slashing prices of G1 reissues and Alternators in a desperate attempt to flog off dead stock - as cheap as $25 for a reissue! And even then it was a slow process of seeing those toys getting sold off... I remember seeing them still shelf-warming for a while yet at those obscenely cheap prices. A sign that most collectors had just gotten Japanese reissues for a comparable price IMO.

Let your wallets do the talking!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I'm waiting for Premium Editions and Clearance sales.
    Ill be doing the same!

Ill only get some- but saying that i will probably buy more than last time (mainly because there will be more core characters which is basically all i collected last time). Ive got one of all the first movie core characters except for Starscream (He woz too dang ugly!)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There's gonna come to a breaking point where importing becomes cheaper and many of us will opt for it.

Both liegeprime and I imported Henkei Inferno because we were unable to find Universe Inferno until yesterday at TRU. They were selling Universe Inferno for $50, which is pretty much what we paid for Henkei Inferno including postage.
    But at the same time you could have bought two Voyager Universe Infernos from Target for $50. I don't know why people are complaining about retail prices so much at the moment - Transformers have had expensive RRPs in Australia for twenty-five years. They're a luxury item. And these days, one rarely has to buy a Transformer in Australia for full price - there's always a sale on somewhere.

INferno was indeed at $25 at Target, but one miserable factor with Target is that they are absolutely inconsistent in their release on all their branches. Somehow its not like if it show up in this Target , the other stores are likely to have em as well. And out west Parramatta and beyond, its a hit and miss most of the times. My ordering Henkei Inferno is more of an alternate purchase really coz RK didnt update their G1 list so I had to order a replacement for the one item they didnt have stock off (it was either a reimbursement or replacement email I got from their staff - I chose the latter)

NOw onto the movie toys , Im going to collect some - not the main characters ( new molds - meh) for certain. BUt only the newer ones, I've decided to get ( if he ever gets available) the combiner mold Devastator and skip the individual bot releases. But, if the individual ones appeal to me when I see it, I might pick it up as well.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Some. The zord has left me feeling very sceptical. I'll grab some, but I'm not going to grab the entire cast as I did last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    And these days, one rarely has to buy a Transformer in Australia for full price - there's always a sale on somewhere.
    Yeah if you can find the toy you're after. I've never seen Universe Inferno. I don't regret paying more for the Henkei. It's worth it in wasted petrol alone.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I'll probably end up buying 1-5 depending on how likable the characters are in the movie. Definitely getting a Sideswipe though!

I'll only end up getting a handful. I got 8 from the last movie, only 3 were in the actual movie and 2 were Cybertron repaints
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|