• only some

52 71.23%
  • none

11 15.07%
  • wheres Geeeee 1uuuuuuuners?

3 4.11%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting TF2-ROTF Toys?

I'll probably buy all figures (except the FAB, Cyber Slammers, etc. Never collected the first movie toys so this will be a fresh start for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    And these days, one rarely has to buy a Transformer in Australia for full price - there's always a sale on somewhere.
    Agreed.

Sideswipe, probably some scouts, maybe Mixmaster, that's about it so far. But there are bound to be a few cool non-cast characters we don't know about yet.

Prettty much only the new figures. So no Ironhide, Ratchet, Blackout, Voyager Prime, etc.

Although some of those remoulds are starting to interest me. (Preview Bumblebee is growing on me, although with that other one coming out later...)

There are a few I want, but so far not many.

The flag-ship prime mold from the previous movie didn't really pique my fancy at the time..it had too much of that G1 blocky goodness... and I wanted something the reflected the movie's sleek alien look.

So I will definitely be getting Leader class prime this time because I think this is the movie optimus some of us have been waiting for.

As an aside, do you guys think leader prime will get snapped up quick before sales time? I'm not sure if the retail outlets will be bringing in that many pieces considering the economic climate and the fact that each prime will be about $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    They're a luxury item. And these days, one rarely has to buy a Transformer in Australia for full price - there's always a sale on somewhere.
    And that's where the real fun in toy hunting comes I think... the local 'toy sighting' threads in this forum is simply terrific.

I voted 'only some'... I'll definitely purchase figures of new characters. At the moment thats about 28 figures across all classes. New Leader Optimus and Voyager Starscream do look appealing though.

I love the Movie line(s) and I especially like off-screen characters and toys; I'm really looking forward to what this line has to offer later on.

I'm most probably gonna skip buying the first few months just in case something like a Premium series or Takara Exclusive comes out.... that's what i did for the first movie... only grabbed the premiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropisetron View Post
    I'm most probably gonna skip buying the first few months just in case something like a Premium series or Takara Exclusive comes out.... that's what i did for the first movie... only grabbed the premiums.
    How's the paint job on the 2007 premiums? Are the silver parts actually silver plastic or is it a coat of paint?