• only some

52 71.23%
  • none

11 15.07%
  • wheres Geeeee 1uuuuuuuners?

3 4.11%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Collecting TF2-ROTF Toys?

i'll be buying S.F.A from the movie line, unless i'm drunk, then who knows what i'll get.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Only some.

Pretty much just Preview Soundwave, Ravage, Dune Runner, Ransack, Depth Charge and any re-release of Scorponok that may happen*. Voyager Prime, Starscream, Sideswipe, and some of the Legends are all optional for me. I'm just not liking the aesthetic much, since it works on-screen but not, for the most part, in plastic.

I don't plan on getting RPMs, FABs, and the other sublines.

*Yes, I'm aware Scorponok isn't all that great, but do you seriously think I'm going to have him in robot mode most of the time?
    Last edited by SilverDragon; 3rd May 2009 at 09:49 PM.

I display Scorponok in robot mode just because it takes up less shelf space. :/

As usual I will buy some until my desire for TF's from the line is sated, that could be anywhere from 1 to 20 or so. I bought quite a few from the previous movie line, and was impressed by the use of unusual alt modes and some quite clever enginnering on some of the expanded universe movie figures, I dare say I like them better than some of the main movie crew.

Not sure about the Leaders though, I passed the first time round I do like this new Prime but I'll need a sale to bring his price down to reasonable before I get him.

Due to the drop in quality that came with the first movie toys (compared to the Cybertron line, they are little better than the decent KO's in quality), and my complete under-excitement from the movie trailers, I've gone with none.

The price jump that has come just in time for the stores to profit as much as possible from the movie toy sales (they learned from the first film ) and the likelihood that Hasbro will later release premium versions and whatnot alter have also played a massive part in my not caring about the toys.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'll be getting some of the figures. Mainly the new characters. Don't know about Devastator. I'll probably pick up the Devastator matchbox car set thing to play with my son and continue his TF brainwashing
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Gonna buy them all!

I get pretty bored, pretty quickly.

With nothing coming from Takara after May, nada on the Animated front, I'm going to have to sate my appetitte for TFs pretty quickly. As much as I want to leave a lot of these toys on the shelves I can just see the fact that there are no new TFs will entice me to buy these monkies.

Sure, I won't get everything but most likely I'll get a good chunk of the new stuff - even the very average stuff.

Once upon time, I would've wanted to use that time to complete G1 but I'm over vintage toys like the plague now. So the only real unconquerored frontier for me are Japanese versions of stuff I already have like TFC, Superlink, Galaxy Force.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Just had a thought.

For those of us that say we are only going to buy new characters or some of the figures, would you buy another Ratchet this time around if he comes with the flip out gun?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I wouldn't. Also, ratchet has been seen in packaging. He's the same toy, only duller with less paint apps. I sh1t u not.

I'd only buy Ratchet if he were a new better mould. The old one is rather mediocre.

I would prefer a less bulky Ratchet that would fit in more with the for the most part more slender Movie toys.