Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

Oh sorry What's involved in taking the pin out? Is it heating it up or something? If so, I really don't think it's worth the hassle.

Punching the pin(s) out doesn't require much effort. You just have to be careful.
    I need to do the mod as I'll never look at ol' Mixy the same again. It'll bug me...

i just wont open my mixmaster

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Oh sorry What's involved in taking the pin out? Is it heating it up or something? If so, I really don't think it's worth the hassle.
    Not really. You have to assess which direction the pin was put in as you have to tap it out the reverse direction using a hammer and a nail. Ideally doing it on a piece of would wood () which has a small hole you can work over so the pin can go into the hole as you tap it. LCZ128 sent me a link to a helpful page when I asked about this some time ago. It was quite help. I'll ask him again.
    Last edited by jaydisc; 8th June 2009 at 09:44 AM.

Well finally had some time to have a look at leader Prime, and yeah ok I agree with pretty much everyone who's harped on about how awesome this toys is. I mean I usualy avoid leader class like the plauge, Th las leader I bought was the extremely mediocre Cybertron leader Prime, I intended to eventualy get the previous Movie Prime leader but never quite.

But this guy is awesome, and his transformation makes him worthy of his size. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned how his wheels are plastic as it had been intended to make them split apart ala the movie but it would of cost to much. Understandable but I kinda wish they had done that, given him chrome and a silver paint job, add a gun that Transforms into his fuel tanks and sold him of as Ultimate movie Prime. Don't get me wrong I think this Prime is awesome and actualy worth what I payed for him for a change, but with a few more tweaks he could pass of as a Masterpiece I think.

it makes me want to buy Leader Megs, but I know he'll dissapoint me compared to Prime, I know it was the same way with the first movie to. I wonder though do the designers get the brief for Megs and Prime at the same time and get say 6 months to make them, and then then spend 5 and a bit months designing Prime and then mock up Megs up in the last 2 weeks before deadline? it sure seems that way.

I also bought Breakaway who I thought was rather mediocre, untill Kup pointed me to the mod to fix his issues, I'm quite happy with him now he's an interesting toy with a novel transformation. While he was in pieces I decided to try and make the blue look a bit more metalic with some rather slapdash painting.

I also added some metalic chips and scratches to Sideways, and washed his red torso with black ink to bring down the colour and expose his detail. I really like the toy, except for the over use of red plastic. unfortunately none of the pics I took turned out to well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Well finally had some time to have a look at leader Prime, and yeah ok I agree with pretty much everyone who's harped on about how awesome this toys is. I mean I usualy avoid leader class like the plauge, Th las leader I bought was the extremely mediocre Cybertron leader Prime, I intended to eventualy get the previous Movie Prime leader but never quite.

But this guy is awesome, and his transformation makes him worthy of his size. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned how his wheels are plastic as it had been intended to make them split apart ala the movie but it would of cost to much. Understandable but I kinda wish they had done that, given him chrome and a silver paint job, add a gun that Transforms into his fuel tanks and sold him of as Ultimate movie Prime. Don't get me wrong I think this Prime is awesome and actualy worth what I payed for him for a change, but with a few more tweaks he could pass of as a Masterpiece I think.

it makes me want to buy Leader Megs, but I know he'll dissapoint me compared to Prime, I know it was the same way with the first movie to. I wonder though do the designers get the brief for Megs and Prime at the same time and get say 6 months to make them, and then then spend 5 and a bit months designing Prime and then mock up Megs up in the last 2 weeks before deadline? it sure seems that way.

I also bought Breakaway who I thought was rather mediocre, untill Kup pointed me to the mod to fix his issues, I'm quite happy with him now he's an interesting toy with a novel transformation. While he was in pieces I decided to try and make the blue look a bit more metalic with some rather slapdash painting.

I also added some metalic chips and scratches to Sideways, and washed his red torso with black ink to bring down the colour and expose his detail. I really like the toy, except for the over use of red plastic. unfortunately none of the pics I took turned out to well.
    Yeah the pictures are not doing Sideways justices, his new touch ups do a lot to add more movie like realism into the figure.

Breakaway is pretty awesome too, his little fixes and mods were a bit harder than anticipated but Zed pulled it off pretty well and its amazing how much more 'life' a bit more articulation can add to a figure.

Breakaway's new awesome metallic paint job also brings much added realism more true to the feel of the movie bots than that bright blue. Awesome job!

Thanks for the pin removal tip jay/lcz. I'm gonna do it with my Mixmaster.

Also picked up Crabitron (Voyager Megatron) and I must say that despite being shellformerish and teal in colour. It is solid in both modes. His bot mode is especially menacing with excellent sculpt detail, chunky legs and a left arm that isn't too puny. Not to mention the automorphing claw as his right arm and the mech alive gears inside his torso. He is very poseable with a head on a ball joint, swivel waist and 3 points of articulation for the arms and chicken walker legs allows for some great poses. It could have done with more paint apps on the chest but the head is painted well enough to make the focus of your eyes go towards his toothy grimace. Also some gradiated silver to highlight portions of his limbs. This is definately a figure worth considering and from the looks of things much MUCH better than Leader Megatron. Probably the one to get. Let's hope for a premium silver version.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

All Movie toys look like Bionicles.

Well, I busted my leader Prime. The first time I transformed him I couldn't disconnected the chest panels as I was sure the instructions were telling me to. I kept trying exerting a bit more force each time. Eventually I got it out. But I instantly noticed a stress mark on the small peg that holds it in.

After transforming him the 2nd and subsequent times, disconnecting the panel was seamless, putting no pressure on said peg. However, the damage was done, and today the peg fell off. I'll get a replacement this week.

I think this will be common.

(It's still an awesome Transformer!)

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Well, I busted my leader Prime. The first time I transformed him I couldn't disconnected the chest panels as I was sure the instructions were telling me to. I kept trying exerting a bit more force each time. Eventually I got it out. But I instantly noticed a stress mark on the small peg that holds it in.
    That bit puzzled me a lot when I was transforming Prime and the instructions aren't very clear at all.