Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Can you take a photo of how (badly?) it sits in robot mode without the peg?
    Sorry about the delay. Have actually been doing work the past few days.

It doesn't go up to the ear as Stompy said because of course the blue bit that sits on top of his shoulder pegs in, but regardless, it's completely unacceptable look.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    For you guys still a bit worried about Prime's chest pieces, i can recommend using a touch of light sandpaper on the red pegs. I'd read about it elsewhere and decided to give it a try tonight - shave a few mm's off, and the peg will ease into the chute and makes it a cinch to get out (still close to the top, widest point). Of course it doesn't affect anything adversely either, still easily held in position by the springs and shoulder top pegs.

I find it really surprising such an awesome toy has such an easily fixable engineering problem! The chute should have been shaped like a "7" instead of an "l". The chest piece never returns to the top unless you unlock the shoulders.. so there wouldn't be a risk of it coming out, even if the top was much wider than the rest of the chute and the peg thickness.
    Yeah, that's a great idea, and yeah, it's a bad design. I actually tackled the first transformation WITH the instructions, but for those that don't, or for those like me that just didn't "believe" the instructions, trouble ahead.

I wonder what effect removing the coil/spring that connects the lower (red) waist with the truck window pieces would do? I'm not positive but i think that without the spring, it might just sit where it's supposed to even without the peg. At least if the spring isn't the only thing connecting it i guess!

Not sure wether to do the fix, as mine seems to slide in out fine at the highest point, it's the first time that was the potential problem.

A couple of thoughts on the ROTF figures I've played with so far. in order of preference:

Sideswipe: Excellent transformation, cool robot and vehicle modes, fave so far
    Leader Optimus Prime: great toy, best regular Optimus toy in ages
    Rampage: Tried to transform into robot mode with out using the instructions or box for guidance... I don't think I'm anywhere near it yet! Puzzling so fun
    Voyager Starscream: So much better than the first movie version, big improvement and well worth getting.
    Ransack: Convinced to buy this when Sleeve pointed out the Insecticon-look to the robot mode, cool alt mode and complex transformation for a scout
    Chromia: Also weird and complex in a good way! Wish her body compressed a bit more in robot mode though
    Wheelie: Rather neutral on this one, but the screw for the gimmick always gets in the way when transforming to vehicle mode
    Demolisher: Too small, but some points for originality
    Legends Optimus Prime: Alright, but nothing great

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Legends Optimus Prime: Alright, but nothing great
    At least he looks unmistakablly Prime-ish, compared to the version from the first movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    At least he looks unmistakablly Prime-ish, compared to the version from the first movie.

Yeah everyone looks more movie like than last movie

After looking at the toys on the rack in Big W yesterday I really miss the character art on the side of the box that Animated and Universe had. Those pictures made it so much easier to check what was on a peg and it's a shame that they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I reccon hes a huge improvement!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    After looking at the toys on the rack in Big W yesterday I really miss the character art on the side of the box that Animated and Universe had. Those pictures made it so much easier to check what was on a peg and it's a shame that they are gone.
    Yeah, I loved that aspect of Animated and Universe.

Knock Out just got cooler...

I don't know if others have realized you can do this. I just figured it out while fiddling.
    Last edited by Firecracker; 14th June 2009 at 02:54 PM.