Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 515202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

I rather like Mudflap. He is a little tricky, but was a nice TF to play with after the dissapointing Soundwave and the FallenI bought.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    According to Tformers, the new Barricade is exactly the same as the old one save for the probe arms and the absence of Frenzy in any form.
    I really want those probes but I can't see myself paying full price for it...on the other hand I was thinking of using Barricade as a custom so I can make a stunticon set but I don't know if barracides vehcaial will be suitable.

Also I just wanted to express my love of Ransack and belive that he should be givivng the staring role in the next movie..any movie acctuly dosn't have to be transformers. Harry Potter and the Decepticon Bi-plane sounds like a winner to me.

Thoughts...

Skids: Better than I expected. I prefer this toy a lot more than Mudflap, which I was disappointed with.

Wheelie: Simple but nice toy. I like the addition of struts on the feet which can be retracted for greater movie accuracy or deployed for balance support.

Chromia: Nice bike mode but rather odd robot mode - much like Demolishor she stands on one wheel and unlike Wheelie (or BM Thrust and Motorcycle Drone) the supporting wheel doesn't transform to help her stand. The toy does come with a clip-on stand though, which I'm grateful for... but I would've preferred some kind of wheel transformation. Not recommended unless you're a movie completist.

$25-30 for each slurry bike bot is a bit of an ask but they're in the movie so must be bought. >_< If there was justice in this world they would have been released in a 3-pack at a voyager price point.

Is it just me, or does the Fallen look like the Gobot Vamp?

Wheelie: Long cat is loooooooooong. Seriously, Wheelie's bot mode is HUGE which is odd because a) he's a tiny remote control car in the movie and b) not only is he big, he totally dwarfs all other rotf deluxes. Despite this annoyance (and it is bloody annoying, he looks ridiculous next to the other toys) he is a great deal of fun and being one of the saving graces from the movie is a bit of a no-brainer purchase.

Skids: Such an improvement over Mudflap. Skids has a fantastic transformation, probably the best out of all the rotf toys & everything locks into place just beautifully. Keep in mind he is quite top heavy so you may want to angle his leg guards (the doors) down at the back to better support him in robot mode. Another excellent toy whose bright green really adds to the overall look of the Autobot army.

Chromia: There's no real wow-factor to this toy. The head sculpt is a massive improvement over 2007 movie Arcee but other than that it's all a bit ho-hum. As Gok suggests, only buy this if you want to complete the movie cast.

Do you really want a RotF Wheelie in scale with other RotF toys?!? Cos he'd be giving Smallest Ravage* a run for his money if that were the case!

I'm happy to have him as a Deluxe.

-----------
    *Smallest Ravage is only 1mm wide!

I was wondering when people would start commenting on Wheelie's height.

The Legend's coming next year. I'd prefer a life size "Ultimate" version.

I opened and played with Voyager Fallen and Megatron today. I like Megatron more overall, but the Fallen is a very impressive alien robot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    Is it just me, or does the Fallen look like the Gobot Vamp?

Well I for one think the Fallen looks more of a Bionicle reject.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]