Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

Man, these Legends Constructicons are full of win!

Devastator:

And for those who prefer screen-likeness, you can pose his arms to make him quadrapedal like an ape:

Munkky not trukks!

Woo!

Devastator is great. I'm a little disappointed with Rampage's robot mode, but on balance that's a blip. Seven great vehicle mode, six great robot modes and an excellent combined mode with NO addons.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I agree except I think High Tower's robot mode is teh poo poo as opposed to Rampage's.

Bad Kitty!

Last edited by jaydisc; 2nd August 2009 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Jolt's packaging photo makes him look shocking, but your pictures make him much more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Jolt's packaging photo makes him look shocking, but your pictures make him much more appealing.
    Thanks Paul. I re-positioned his back kibbles further and took a few new pics.

I like how the first pic turned out. Toy's not perfect, but is slowly growing on me. That and he completes my Movie/ROTF Autobots lineup!

The individual Constructicons

I agree with paulbot, I was never planning on getting jolt until I saw kyle's re-transformation. It makes it look much more appealing and not the sort of...I dunno tubby look i've seen so far.

Managed to nab Jolt & Blazemaster.

JOLT

The alt mode looks fine enough with only the seams right in the middle of the vehicle being the only real let down. The actual car model itself isn't interesting and the colour hides many of its finer details. Paint apps are fine and always nice to see the rims painted. Volt word also painted on the rear.

Jolt had a pretty simple but fun conversion that is easy to remember and put into place once you know where the tabs hold the figure together.

The robot mode is still a little disappointing even with a few adjustments for the back kibble. There's nothing too inherently wrong with the engineering but the kibble on the arms and knee hide many of the bot modes curvier lines. As it is the, kibble on those parts bulk him up quite a bit. A solution would have been to have the arm kibble swing behind the arms to expose his hands better and the knee kibble to break in half and swing inwards to form a much more slender leg than the bulky pudgy look it currently has. The torso is nice and solid looking but the head is almost static bar a couple of millimeters to the left or right. His feet is a bit of a let down with many gaps but has a fair bit of articulation and heel spurring.The back kibble is easy to move around to various positions thanks to the amount of articulation it has.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed with Jolt but hopefully grows on me more. Right now he feels like a filler toy line cast figure than a main cast figure in regards to workmanship.

BLAZEMASTER

Blazemasters alt mode was a lot smaller than I imagined but it's length pretty much reaches the maximum length they can do for a deluxe bubble with each end of the heli touching the edges of the bubble. The brown/tan/gold, dark blue and white works extremely well in an 80's kind of way and the red paint apps gives it a nice highlight. It has 3 small wheels, one up front that cannot be folded in and 2 on the middle to the side that can fold up. As with most TF heli's there's a small lever that when pushed spins the blades. Speaking of which, the blades can be taken off from it's square peg. One QC complain I have is that one of the "7 NEWS" paint app ont he tail fin was a little warped due to it's application and some white paint run off I had to scrape off too. Some may have a problem with the many seams as well. Otherwise, being a TF helicopter fan this alt mode is stunning especially at the deluxe scale.

Conversion was a real surprise. It is perhaps a little ambitious for a deluxe but it JUST manages to work. The engineering for the conversion uses up pretty much all the space it can inside the tiny copter ad copious amounts of joints and hinges to get it to its robot mode. Certainly a winner for me in this department.

Robot mode is not for everyone, but I truly adore it. The head sculpt is nice and while small, has light piping. The chest may be kibbly for some, I actually like it's look. Similar to Breakaways head/chest but a million times better executed. The rather flawed forearms could have used a double hinge for the inward folding half to allow the thumb to show for a more believable "hand", but as it is, it looks like someone wearing a jumper that is too long for their arms as it hides his thumb. The rear fins position nicely over his shoulders decoratively and the blades can be separated in half to allow for dual sword like weapons attached on his forearms. His legs are chicken walker style with a 3 pronged claw feet. Articulation is decent but his elbow articulation is far up the arm and almost on shoulder height. The "knee" articulation only bends backwards, but since it is a chicken walker it has an extra set of joints so it kinda makes up for it, but with that 2nd joint being so low on the leg you might not get some crazier poses with them. The feet is on a ball joint though and as small as they are, the figure can stand quite well and doesn't really cause balancing issues.

Overall, Blazemaster was a surprise. It's alt mode is stunning and the conversion brilliant (if you like complex conversions). The bot mode will be the moot point for most, especially those arms and with those chicken walker legs feels like a distant cousin of movie 1's Dropkick but besides that this is a figure I can highly recommend to open minded fans.

No pictures of neither but Kyle has some excellent pics of Jolt already not too far up and try the link below for some pictures of Blazemaster:
    http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=1083
    Last edited by Stompy; 7th August 2009 at 03:09 AM.

My thoughts exactly re: Jolt, he does indeed feel like more of a filler toy.

Strange that they seem to have shortpacked the Ice Cream twins but there are loads of Jolt's. Maybe being Winter they don't think anyone will want ice cream?

I like the name 'Blazemaster' - I take it his role on the battlefield is to help his comrades by taking away their pain? The fact that he's also a helicopter further sugegsts he likes to 'get high'. Oh dear.

Actually Blazemasters bio makes him a bit of a sadist formt he description. From what I remember (at work atm) he likes to pour acid over enemies and watch them as they slowly melt and burn.

I still want my ice cream twins. Determined to find them today!