Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19293435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

I can't wait to have all 3 current Human Alliance toys:

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/v....php?tid=14776

Mudflap and Barricade should be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Thanks for the review Sutton, but that's made me want the toy even less now (if that's possible). And as for whether it's a kid's toy, I think that's debatable. I've been collecting Transformers since I was a kid and I still play with my toys now; and being able to fully transform is a big appeal for me. Yeah sure, I bought Action Master Devastator in 1990 and it was a whole lot of suck since he can't transform or anything (nor any of the other Action Masters), but he was a _cheap_ carded figure. I never bought any of the boxed Action Masters as a kid (I received Overrun as a gift). So I guess it might depend on the kind of kid, but I reckon that if they ever released a gestalt during G1 that couldn't transform into individual robots, I would be hesitant against buying them. The toy may suit some children, but I don't think it would've suited me as a child.

But I'm glad you and your kids are enjoying it.

I really think Hasbro dropped the ball as far as not having this guy be a true gestalt, but for what it is, it's pretty well done - certainly a lot more sturdy and playable than most of the other ROTF toys. I'll still be picking up the EZ Legends version if/when it gets a local release.

He's not for everyone, I do a fair bit of Warhammer 40K painting so it's something I enjoy doing, but if that sort of thing doesn't float your boat, definitely leave him on the shelf. Mind you, one can say that for the entire ROTF range. Even standout figures like Leader Prime have phenomally bad paint apps.

Hasbro need to learn that if the kid's parents aren't interested in a toy to some level, then they're not going to make the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I really think Hasbro dropped the ball as far as not having this guy be a true gestalt, but for what it is, it's pretty well done - certainly a lot more sturdy and playable than most of the other ROTF toys. I'll still be picking up the EZ Legends version if/when it gets a local release.

He's not for everyone, I do a fair bit of Warhammer 40K painting so it's something I enjoy doing, but if that sort of thing doesn't float your boat, definitely leave him on the shelf. Mind you, one can say that for the entire ROTF range. Even standout figures like Leader Prime have phenomally bad paint apps.

Hasbro need to learn that if the kid's parents aren't interested in a toy to some level, then they're not going to make the sale.
    Most intruiging. I wouldn't dare take a brush to a genuine Hasbro/Takara Transformer unless I had a double. I just couldn't do it...We're not all born perfect and it's the same for Transformers. I love them for who/what they are.

Regarding big Devy I think I'd have to be extremely drunk to pay the asking price, especially when the same money could buy me a complete original G1 combiner or similar that's 20+ years old and will only increase in value. $100? Maybe, but only if I'm desperate to buy something locally and there's nothing else available. EZ Devastator is worth every brass razoo!

I just really hope that Hasbro gives us toys for Hightower, Rampage and Overload as Deluxes and/or Voyagers. I have EZ Collection Devastator which represents Devastator in my collection, but I've also collected Deluxe Rampage and Voyager Mixmaster, Long Haul and Demolishor to represent the individual Constructicons. Right now it looks weird having EZ Collection Devastator standing next to only four Constructicons. Has anyone know if Hasbro has any plans on releasing them?

Hasbro keep beating the "no plans" drum re: new Constructicons

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Hasbro keep beating the "no plans" drum re: new Constructicons
    While forging ahead with characters who weren't in the movie...

Overload and Hightower I can understand, but Scrapper definitely deserves a toy - he had more screentime than Jolt and the Icecream Twins, FFS!

soz all rachet hasnt hit an a echidna, its paint apps meant to be like that

also there was a grindor with no plastic insert
    it was wrap with one tie and lil scorpy was taped to the box lol

Scrapper is my favourite of the EZ Collection Constructicon toys - just imagine how awesome Scrapper would be as a Deluxe!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Scrapper is my favourite of the EZ Collection Constructicon toys - just imagine how awesome Scrapper would be as a Deluxe!
    Don't cheap out, he deserves a Voyager!

Depends... if it's a Voyager like Mixmaster or Long Haul, then yes. If it's a Voyager like Demolishor, then I'd rather it be a Deluxe. But done properly Scrapper could be a kick-arse Voyager.