Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

I hadn't heard of that variant before. Link? Anyway, considering that I'm primarily wanting this toy for the vehicle mode (the robot mode just blows chunks compared to the TF1 08 Deluxe one) I might go with the preview one. (T_T)

I got Bumblebee today and it was even more disappointing than I'd expected. It seems that they've just reused this mould too many times... many of the joints are very loose and some of the panels don't clip together properly in vehicle mode. I do NOT recommend this toy unless you're a completist or like me you're looking for a Deluxe scale version of the RotF Bumblebee vehicle mode... even then consider carefully. Oh yeah, the missile launcher gimmick is fail too.

Here are some photos...

L: TF1 Bumblebee, R: RotF Bumblebee

L: TF1 Premium Bumblebee, R: RotF Bumblebee

Sucks that you're not happy with it Gok. Maybe it's time to take my advice on MP Grimlock now

... forgo a bunch of crappy regular line toys you might have otherwise picked up..

If there's a battle mask version of 'bee I'd buy that and give it a paint job.
    That'll probably be my only ROTF purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Sucks that you're not happy with it Gok. Maybe it's time to take my advice on MP Grimlock now

^ good advice
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I got my ROTF BB today and love it, extremely happy with him, I love his new head sculpt and his gun arm is actually pretty dam cool, only complaint I had with mine was the missile was too long and would not load properly but a set of wire clippers made short work of this issue.

Though I will admit I am a Movie BB completist so I would of bought him regardless so far with a total of 13 BB variants. I cannot wait for Double Cannon and Human Alliance!

I picked up the preview figures today, Soundwave's awesome but the fourth TF I've bought this month with utter BS alt modes (Animated Jetfire, Jetstorm and Shockwave). The robot mode is menacing, I really like the cape effect.

Preview BB I picked up mainly because I can get these toys quite cheap, and because I'd like to paint him up with some scuffed silver to match the movie model. I agree with Goktimus, it does feel very loose and I had a hell of a time getting the doors to lock in for the final part of the Transformation; I've had the other version of 08 BB for a year and a half and never had any trouble with the doors (although his chest gears get out of synch very easily now).

Oh and I think the car mode looks better on this one, if ever so slightly. It's a more visually interesting design.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I got Bumblebee today and it was even more disappointing than I'd expected. It seems that they've just reused this mould too many times... many of the joints are very loose and some of the panels don't clip together properly in vehicle mode. I do NOT recommend this toy unless you're a completist or like me you're looking for a Deluxe scale version of the RotF Bumblebee vehicle mode... even then consider carefully. Oh yeah, the missile launcher gimmick is fail too.

Isn't that the same figure you weren't going to to buy because you felt to was crappy?

As they say, don't think; feel. Trust your instincts...