Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

Yeah, but I wanted it for the alt mode at the same size as other Deluxe movie Bumblebees. It was a beeotch to transform to car mode and I'm just gonna leave it as such. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, but I wanted it for the alt mode at the same size as other Deluxe movie Bumblebees. It was a beeotch to transform to car mode and I'm just gonna leave it as such. (-_-)
    Yeah, but given Hasbro squeezed out about a dozen Deluxe Bumblebees the last time 'round, odds are... he might show up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    The "Ravage" missile, if on scale, shows how huge Soundwave is.
    ..or how small ravage is, there has been talk that ravage is only the size of a real jaguar(considering frenzy was smaller then a human I agree with this) Plus (spoilers maybe) :you see soundwave in both alliance and defiance comics and there is enough to see he dsn't scale to a size bigger then most of the bots.

I got the figure today and I'm happy with it...althought I have the same problems that no matter how I pivote his chest it makes me feel like that I've done it wrong and that the other way is right
    Also on a sidenote, if they make a ROTF blaster he better not be a recolor of this mold because I can't imagine an uglier colour scheme to use then red/yellow. On the same note a Soundblaster scheme would be welcome and I might even pick up another one to do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by snazzbot_101
    Yeah, but given Hasbro squeezed out about a dozen Deluxe Bumblebees the last time 'round, odds are... he might show up again.
    You're probably right. If they release a better version of this mould later I might get it and sell this one off.

Finally saw these at retail (haven't gone shopping in ages)...
    Soundwave looks so ... short...
    But I do like Bumblee's new head - anyone want to sell me one for cheap? Haha- Not interested in the mould anymore - just need that damn head!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    Finally saw these at retail (haven't gone shopping in ages)...
    Soundwave looks so ... short...
    But I do like Bumblee's new head - anyone want to sell me one for cheap? Haha- Not interested in the mould anymore - just need that damn head!
    I'm tempted to get an extra of this new ROTF BB and put his head on a Premium BB from the first movie... This way I'll have the definitive version of the first movie Bumblebee...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'm tempted to get an extra of this new ROTF BB and put his head on a Premium BB from the first movie... This way I'll have the definitive version of the first movie Bumblebee...
    EXACTLY what I was thinking off, mate!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Just remember guys - if a better version comes out, I'll be looking to unload my current loose one. No need to pay full price for a MOSC one just for a head swap/custom.

Some quick thoughts on the scouts I picked up at Chadstone this week:

Dead End (red car): Two good modes although the arms are a little long and it's tricky to line up all the panels in vehicle mode. The colours work very well.

Knock Out (green bike): They're getting better and better with bikes. Excellent bike mode, strong robot mode. The colours work well. I love the way the muffler becomes a hand weapon. The transformation is new. The only shortcoming: the side panels pop off fairly easily.

Dirt Boss (fork lift), Rollbar (delivery van): unopened at this stage. Both feature original vehicle modes. Dirt Boss looks really good in packaging although his colours area little garish. Rollbar looks somewhat panelly but still decent. Full reviews will hit my website (as usual).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Got 3 of the scouts and 3 of the legend figures.

The scouts I am quite impressed with. The legends even moreso.

Knock Out - A somewhat newish conversion for a bike mode. I especially like the conversion up front. Still not a fan of the wheel kibble dangling over the shoulders and the panels on the legs, but it's still a well proportioned alt mode and an ok robot mode.

Dead End - Very nice and sleek alt mode with great detail sexy curves. As Dirge mentioned, it can be tough to align the panels and I found that the instructions for those panels aren't sufficient. The bot mode is decent with some pretty cool spindly hands.

Dirt Boss - is my favorite of the new scouts. A great bot mode with good articulation on both arms and legs, although the head is stuck in one spot. Using the forks as a baton like weapon is a stroke of genius and retains a nice solid connection with his alt mode. The conversion is a winner for me. To put it simply it's like turning a sock inside-out. The way the chair and steering wheel folds out and just the sheer small size of it's alt mode compared to a proportionately bigger robot mode is engineering genius. It still has it's faults though but I'm just a lot more forgiving if the conversion is inspired (ala Universe Galvatron). It can be a little tough to align particular pegs together during conversion and can feel a little loose.

All 3 scouts did have a loose ball joint or two. Especially on Dead Ends elbow joints which makes his arms dangle. The forr joint pins are also a little loose. So Hasbro QC strikes again.

Legends Springer - A really excellent robot mode with nice articulation on the forearms and overall a great look. Would have been nice to have knee articulation but I guess cost restrictions prevented that. Conversion is quite graceful and not overly simple. The alt mode is also solid with very minimal robot kibble.

Legends Jetfire - Bot mode has a slightly small torso and the legs may look dispropotionately long in packaging but it has 3 points of articulation to allow you to bend it to it's "proper" position as a "chicken walker." His arms are long withonly a ball joint on the shoulder and his walking stick on his left arm. Conversion is interesting especially for the arms. The alt mode is nice and sleek although there is a lot of visible bot kibble, namely the head sticking out at the back and the arms very visible (not helped by its contrasting silver colour) underneath. But you can't expect too much int his size class.

Legends Optimus Prime - This is perhaps the best Legends class Optimus Prime I've ever laid my hands on. The bot mode is well proportioned with the only real kibble being the large forearms (which resembles the FAB arms actually) but it just makes him look buff more than anything. Conversion is the biggest winner here, with an amazingly engineered transformation that is best left to experiencefor yourself. At this size it's just well engineered. The alt mode itself is also well proportioned and looks highly accurate. With the only real visible kibble being the hand/fists. Otherwise very accurate. I'm well impressed.

There was no official instructions or pictures alluding to having a combined mode for OP and Jetfire. From what I could tell you just peg the two together. Jetfire in alt mode and OP in bot mode. Looks great if just a backpack.