Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon
    leader megs - unopned so far - am i the only one who has bought him?
    Did you read my last post?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I wish I could find some Deluxe toys or Scouts, instead of lame FAB's everywhere. Don't Kmart want to sell thier stock???
    I went to Target @ Rockdale last night and found both classes. You can't miss em, Z, they're at the front entrance

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    leader megs - unopned so far - am i the only one who has bought him?
    I bought him too.

I liked your comparison photos between the Primes on the May Acquisitions thread Kyle.

I think that RotF Leader Prime is better in terms of visual movie accuracy, but overall I reckon that the movie 1 Leader Prime is a better toy. As others have mentioned, the blades really do interfere with the arms (why couldn't they be detachable?!) and there's a certain coolness to just having a nice chunky and beefy Optimus Prime.

waaaah? I can't fathom how you can prefer the original! I guess i'm not fussed with the swords and the arms since I want the swords deployed all the time anyway.

They're definitely both great toys, and compliment each other nicely, the new one doesn't make the old one completely obsolete.

I like the new one more. To me the older Leader Class Prime is still a GREAT toy and part of the evolution. I'll have him standing next to the new Prime in my display. I see him now as "G1 Prime with movie styling" or "Movie Prime with G1 proportions". Sort of half way between G1 and Movie.

Wow nice Line up there.

Going on the pictures above the first guy in the line is the best, then the last one, not that fussed with the middle guy myself.

I don't mind the look of the Big megs except for that silly little arm he has, that's just wierd looking!

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I went to Target @ Rockdale last night and found both classes. You can't miss em, Z, they're at the front entrance
    Rockdale is a little out of my hunting grounds, not sure I'll be able to get there any time soon. I've also yet to check Miranda so that will probably be the first port of call.

Thanks fer the tip though.

Only opened up Legends Bumblebee so far and I've gotta say I just love him! Much detail packed in a small figure...

He's definitely a new mould and there seems to be some shine/glitter on the yellow paint?
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat
    waaaah? I can't fathom how you can prefer the original! I guess i'm not fussed with the swords and the arms since I want the swords deployed all the time anyway.
    Not looking at movie accuracy and evaluating both leaders purely on their merit as toys alone, I prefer the original because the arms' mobility aren't impeded by weaponry and also the hands have articulated fingers. The transformation on the movie 1 toy is more fun to me; more simple and elegant; and I'm not afraid of breaking anything during the process.

More subjectively, I prefer the darker metallic blues and transparent electric blue on the windows on the movie 1 figure. And as I said before, I just prefer the bulkier look - but again, that's subjective. The red toes on the RotF one also looks kinda weird.

RotF Leader Prime wins in terms of movie-accuracy, but I prefer a less movie-accurate toy that's well engineered, and to me I find movie 1 Leader Prime a better designed toy. Not by a whole lot - RotF Leader Prime is still a very fine toy in its own right.

What about the legs though? 1st version has kibbletastic tyres that always unclip and get in the way of posing.