Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

That's true. RotF Prime also has a better sculpted head with nicer articulation (although I think the movie 1 Prime's head was based on an earlier version of movie Prime's head so I don't fault HasTak for it). I think both toys have good and bad points. Objectively speaking I think they're both as good as each other - but I have a personal preference for the first movie Prime as a toy. Aside from the blades and fiddly breast panels, there's nothing I really dislike about RotF Prime either.

Wicked I'll be sure to let you know my Human Alliance Bumblebee impressions over the weekend.. since i know you were disappointed with the Preview Bee. The Human Alliance will look out of scale in a regular leader-voyager-deluxe display setup, but other than that it looks awesome

i no read the comments

but how can y'all be commenting on it

its not out till the 22nd o june

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    i no read the comments

but how can y'all be commenting on it

its not out till the 22nd o june
    Sorry Roller, can't tell you unless you read the comments.

Don't worry there not Spoilerific.

Forget the other Ultimate Bumblebee... The Human Alliance Bumblebee is the REAL ULTIMATE Bumblebee!!!!!! So impressed! I'm not sure if I like this or the new Leader Class Optimus more now...

Both modes look MUCH nicer in person than online pics. Transformation is very nice and not as frustrating like some BT/AT can be. Compared to BT/AT, this is a REAL toy that you can have fun with. Battle mask is implemented nicely. Even the dumb looking Sam figurine is pretty cool in person. Reminds me so much of the M.A.S.K. toys from childhood.

I'll let Kurdt give you guys a much more proper review.

I'm not interested in the Human-Alliance line, but I want human figures!

The Sam figure is pretty decently articulated! Head can rotate, arms up and down and rotate at shoulder, chest can move around a bit, no waist but his legs can rotate and bend at the top, and bend at the knee. I don't think Sam's worth $50, but the Bumblebee is a nice bonus

Yeah, I might stick with my Mutt Williams figure.

P.S.: Whereas Soundwave was a midget of a Deluxe, Sideways is the opposite - he's tall! He's about the same head height as Blackout! Of course, this is due to the fact that he's quite lanky.

I finally worked out how to transform RotF Prime into truck mode (with assistance from Rimfyre's video review ). The engineering is really quite clever, achieving a more movie-accurate transformation with the arms going into the bonnet instead of the legs. Not an easy feat so my hat off to HasTak for achieving that. It's a bloody fiddly transformation though - so putting movie accuracy aside, I find TF1's transformation to be more simple and elegant; RotF Prime is much more of a panel former than TF1 Prime. Having said that, RotF Prime's truck mode is quite beautiful.

I took some comparative pics of TF1 and RotF Leader Primes in truck mode.

Front view:

+ The clear headlights and windows on RotF OP are arguably more realistic, but I personally prefer the blues on TF1 OP.
    + The blue just behind TF1 OP's grill (which are his robot feet) are absent on RotF OP - so in this regard RotF OP looks nicer.
    + The grey used on TF1 OP - and I remember whinging about how cheap it looked when I got this toy 3 years ago - is actually a nicer grey than that on RotF OP, which is an even cheaper grey (or as jaydisc would call it, "Hasbro grey" ) - they're both Hasbro greys... but RotF OP's are "Hasbro greyer" . Having said that, RotF OP's "step-boxes" are blue and with silver paint which looks nicer.
    + The Autobot hood ornament is better sculpted and better painted on TF1 OP. RotF's one is just completely smeared in red like some pre-schooler coloured it in.
    + I'm not fond of the black Autobot insignia on the window on RotF Prime.
    + TF1 OP has silver windscreen wipers which look nicer than RotF Prime's unpainted red wipers.

Side view:

+ RotF OP has wing mirrors! Sure, they're completely transparent, but at least he has them!
    + RotF OP's rims/hubcaps are silver which is nicer than TF1 OP's Hasbro greys.
    + The way that RotF OP's smokestacks and tanks are done and the way they transform are nice and clever. However RotF OP exposes a little bit more robot kibble from the side view.
    + The smoke stacks are also sculpted nicer - with the tips pointing backward instead of directly up. They're also of a softer rubber, which might be good in making them less brittle. When I was taking these photos I dropped my TF1 OP and the right side smoke stack broke off. I've since glued it back on... but yeah. I wonder if RotF OP would've survived better having softer smoke stacks. I'm not going to test this theory!

Rear view:

+ No unsightly gun on RotF OP!
    + The sleeper compartment looks much nicer on RotF OP as it doesn't have the big gap that TF1 OP has. It does have a small gap between the sleeper compartment and hitch which shows a little bit of robot kibble - but not much.
    + RotF OP has clear tail lights which look much nicer than TF1 OP's unpainted ones.

Length comparison:

RotF OP is a bit longer than TF1 OP. I've heard that this is more realistic and movie-accurate.

Height comparison:

RotF OP is a bit shorter than TF1 OP - again, apparently this is more accurate. I don't have turtle_boy's level of knowledge about trucks, so this is just going off what I've heard from others so don't take what I'm saying about truck proportions as gospel.

I'm seeing a lot of good and not so good points in both of these toys' truck modes - so overall they're both pretty good toys and I think which one people would prefer would greatly depend on personal preference. Fans of movie-accuracy will love RotF OP. I'm gonna display my TF1 OP in truck mode with my RotF OP in robot mode next to it.

Damn. That Human Alliance BB is awesome. Love the look of them and I reckon him and that version of Sideswipe will be my picks of the movie line. Great car details, great scale and basically playable BTs! WANT. NOW.

And even at $50 I'd buy that straight out despite being the biggest Scrooge around with the RRPs I pay.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection