Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Fallen Toys comments/discussion

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Damn. That Human Alliance BB is awesome. Love the look of them and I reckon him and that version of Sideswipe will be my picks of the movie line. Great car details, great scale and basically playable BTs! WANT. NOW.

And even at $50 I'd buy that straight out despite being the biggest Scrooge around with the RRPs I pay.
    I too thought $50 was great! Especially from a Toyworld nowadays...

I picked up sideways and sideswipe yesterday, while I defiantly prefer the Sideswipe toy I do enjoy the smiliarities/potential Sideways has with Kickback. (the wing like windows and backwards legs) he can even be posed to a decent grasshopper mode. I saw pictured of a black sideways with a remolded head that could easily be turned into a movie kickback..now all I need is something for the other two insecticons...hmmmm

Picked up ROTF Leader Prime and Deluxe Sideswipe. I think most of us know just how good these two figures are by now.

Out of what I saw at Kmart I'm looking forward to picking up Rampage, Demolisher (not at full price though), legends Prime (shame about all the PVC grey) and maybe a few others. The new mould used for Screamer is mental but I'll hold off for a repaint - the symbols thrown all over the jets body totally ruins the alt for me.

The Megatrons are okay. I definitely agree with Gok when he suggested buying the FAB over the leader which is hard to justify spending $79+ on. The main torso and legs do look very cool though.

I was tempted to buy Gravity bot BB but at $29 it was easy to leave on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer
    The new mould used for Screamer is mental but I'll hold off for a repaint - the symbols thrown all over the jets body totally ruins the alt for me.
    Ditto. I'd be all over this mould if they released it without the "tats"

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer
    The main torso and legs do look very cool though.
    Like TF1 Megatron, the body is just one big block, which I find disappointing.

RE: TF1 v. RotF OP - I keep forgetting to mention another cool thing about TF1 OP over RotF OP are his rubber tyres (whereas RotF OP has plastic tyres). According to TFwiki the prototype RotF OP's tyres were able to split apart like in the movie model, which would explain why they're plastic and not rubber. But it must've exceeded the toy's budget so the concept was scrapped. Apparently the prototype other cool features which were scrapped for apparently budget reasons - which I can understand. Adding in all these extra whizz-bangs would've made the toy exceed the Leader Class price point. Still, I don't think that making the blades detachable wouldn't have exceeded the budget. (-_-)

I think the cost cutting was done in the right areas. Poseable fingers need to be like MP Starscream to be worth it - IMO the ones on TF1 Prime are pointless for posing anything other than a fist anyway. The splitting of the tyres is a minute detail i wouldn't have expected them to do.. and the extra hinge on the cab steps wouldn't add much either. Perhaps those features could be added back in for a MP Movie Prime....

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I think the cost cutting was done in the right areas. Poseable fingers need to be like MP Starscream to be worth it - IMO the ones on TF1 Prime are pointless for posing anything other than a fist anyway. The splitting of the tyres is a minute detail i wouldn't have expected them to do.. and the extra hinge on the cab steps wouldn't add much either. Perhaps those features could be added back in for a MP Movie Prime....
    Agreed. At least they did the cost cuttings in minor areas most fans will forgive. I wish now though a third party will make the guns for him... as seen in the first movie and in the new ROTF trailers...

Imo, adding articulated hands wouldn't have added a lot to the final cost. But it would certainly have pushed the price above the $100 mark and even though 90bucks isn't that far off, parents will definitely gawk at triple digit figure toys.

Overall, I must say I'm satisfied with the figure. While I wouldn't mind paying slightly over a 100 bucks for a really good OP figure - silver paint, chrome, articulated fingers, streamline torso with mechalive feature removed to reduce backpack size - the value of a cheap[er] toy cannot be understated.

Expensive toys are not fun cuz you're afraid of breaking it.

Quote Originally Posted by willocrew View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken

Just a little note to those who have leader prime:

WHen you're removing the red chest pieces (for robot to truck conversion), I think its best not to pull the chest pieces outwards by force.

Instead, push the two pieces medially (i.e. towards the centre of the chest) & then slide it outwards towards you.

If you pull it out without sliding it first, I foresee that the little red hook might break if its done too often & the whole figure would be stuffed up since its the an important piece.

Woo I actualy have ROTF toys now, Targets 15% of was just to much to resist, that said i haven't opened any yet, so there's no commentary...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    The new mould used for Screamer is mental but I'll hold off for a repaint - the symbols thrown all over the jets body totally ruins the alt for me.
    I know I'm in the minority, but I've kinda come to like Starscreams tattos, its not every day we see a TF into body art. Still i'm sure there will not only be a clean repaint but endless seekers to if the mould really is good.

Originally Posted by willocrew

I dunno. I will always risk playing with my exspensive toys as I feel everything has its time as long as you extract an appropriate amount of enjoyment from it. When something breaks before its time though that sucks.