Page 19 of 110 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Movies Thread

Prince of Persia is coming soon and it is better than I thought it would be. Very strong story so guys you might want to check it out.

Hugo Weaving is Red Skull in Capatain America

Power of the Dark Crystal, sequel (obviously) But I can't see how they can do another, so long after the first. If they don't do it with puppets like the first one, it won't work. Being Jim Henson Productions, most likely they will, but I hope there won't be too much CG to ruin it.

The Dark Crystal sequel has been spoken of about for years now, but I've yet to see any evidence that its not in production hell. If they do ever get up and running use proper Henson talent the result should be good, like Where the Wild things are a good mix of pupetry and CGI to create a unique magical look that pure CGI can't quite replicate.

Interestingly I just saw the Dark Crystal last weekend at the Maritime Museum's classic mythic 80's film screenings. It was only a projected DVD, but it was good to see the Dark Crystal on a big screen, it still holds up pretty well I think.

From this article on Cominsoon.net

In a joint announcement by Omnilab Media's Christopher Mapp and The Jim Henson Company's Lisa Henson, Australian based Omnilab Media is teaming up with The Jim Henson Company to bring the fantasy sequel Power of the Dark Crystal to the big screen in stereoscopic 3D.
    I must say I am a little bit skeptical now, but it does look like it has the go ahead.

Prince Of Persia, anyone really keen to see it? Looks really good so far from what I have seen.

Now as a few of you may know, I get free movie tickets for movies before they get released (Kick-Ass, Dark Knight, Watchmen, etc) and now it seems I will be getting tickets to see Prince Of Persia on 23rd May as well.

If anyone is wanting to know how to get free tickets to movies like I do, just message me for details and I can help.

I'd be in but I've seen it

Guys, it is really really good!

Dunno if any of you guys has seen Solomon Kane, but damn that was awesome. Great cast as well. The movie tells of the origins of Solomon Kane. And hopefully, if it makes enough money, will be a trilogy. I recommend seeing this film.

Also watched Legion. Was an ok movie, not the greatest, but I would watch it again.

Went to see A Nightmare On Elm Street on Saturday - really impressed with what they have come up with.

Been hearing a lot of negative reviews about it, but if you go in with no expectations or with thoughts of comparing 'old' Freddy to 'new' Freddy, you'll get the most enjoyment out of it.

The acting was first-class and Jackie Earle Haley plays a great version of Freddy - think Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

Rating - B+
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Went to see A Nightmare On Elm Street on Saturday - really impressed with what they have come up with.

Been hearing a lot of negative reviews about it
    lol - your post is actually the first positive thing I've heard/read about it at all!