Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Animated Se3Ep10 "Decepticon Airs" Discussion

Default Transformers Animated Se3Ep10 "Decepticon Airs" Discussion

I'm still watching it, but had to pause in awe of the Die Hard references!!! Anyone else pick them up?

"Come out to the coast. We'll have a good time"

Also cool to see Sunstorm and Ramjet differentiated.

I'm sure this must be one of Wyatt's favorite episodes with all the Swindle time. Does he have a Decepticon logo or something subtly different?
    Last edited by jaydisc; 3rd May 2009 at 08:40 AM.

How the heck did Safeguard make a whirlwind in a vacuum?! (O_o)

My favourite G1 reference: "What on the 5th moon of Pz-Zazz?!" Har!!

Also was anyone able to recognise all the Transformers in the crowd during the parade? I recognised: Tracks, Armada Silverbolt (?), Warpath, Mainframe, Huffer, Flipsides and Autrooper! The parade floats were obviously Grandus...es.

Also an amusing line was, "It's a no-processor...er."

Overall I thought it was a good episode. Interesting to see Sari being further developed. Sentinel's development... um... it's kinda sporadic - keeps going forward and backward. I suppose being such a "Happy Timer" he's struggling with the role of being Magnus.

I suppose being such a "Happy Timer" he's struggling with the role of being Magnus.
    A role that looks like you have to be elected to. The rumor mill had it that Rodimus was in a better position to be the next Magnus (but I did note that in Transwarped he was an Autobot not Elite Guard) I think the power just went to his head...

Yeah, space tornado what's up with that.

Best line: "So we're picking up hitchhikers now?"

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Also cool to see Sunstorm and Ramjet differentiated.
    What's funnier is that they're respectively orange and white and Swindle still can't tell the difference

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The Allspark did it
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

A clever Transformers-style reimagining of Con Air. I loved the lines "May I just say what an admirer I am of the noble arms-dealing profession?", "Nice folks, the Quntessons" and the conehead - non-conehead differentiation.

Also was anyone able to recognise all the Transformers in the crowd during the parade? I recognised: Tracks, Armada Silverbolt (?), Warpath, Mainframe, Huffer, Flipsides and Autrooper! The parade floats were obviously Grandus...es.
    I think that's Rosanna rather than Flipsides - more pink than purple. I also spotted Beachcomber, Cosmos, Hot Shot, Brawn, Powerglide and... a blue Bumblebee/Wasp/Cliffjumper (Glyph?) and what looked like another yellow Cybertronian Bumblebee - maybe Hubcap or Bumper?

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    What's funnier is that they're respectively orange and white and Swindle still can't tell the difference
    Mebbe he's color blind having violet eyes and all heheheh

Solar Winds?

Well at least now we've finally got the coneheads...... so bring on the toys. erm oh wait, yeah the movie has shelved all other projects... darn
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I liked how they explained Swindles bottomless chest storage, maybe thats what all other cartoon characters use too

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    I liked how they explained Swindles bottomless chest storage, maybe thats what all other cartoon characters use too
    Maybe Optimus also has one for his trailer
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy
    A role that looks like you have to be elected to. The rumor mill had it that Rodimus was in a better position to be the next Magnus (but I did note that in Transwarped he was an Autobot not Elite Guard) I think the power just went to his head...
    Until this episode I thought that Sentinel Prime became Magnus because he was next in rank, not because he was elected into the position. The Autobots appear to operate much like they did in G1 when the Autobot Council stepped back and granted supreme executive power to Optimus Prime. But unlike G1 I don't think Animated's been that clear on how the Autobot military command operates in relation to their senate - do the Elite Guard outrank the Senate or vice versa? My guess is that, since the Autobots seemed to have enjoyed an extended period of relative peace, that the Senate would be at the head - much like how the Maximal Council outranked the Maximal military in Beast Wars (though they themselves were subservient to Vector Sigma).

The way that Alpha Trion spoke to Sentinel and the way that Sentinel addressed the public on Cybertron suggests to me that the Senate may superior to the Elite Guard and that there is some democratic process in him becoming Magnus. I suppose with Magnus being incapacitated, Sentinel Prime is the next in line in terms of being eligible to become Magnus - but perhaps there still needs to be some electorial process to actually promote him to Magnus. I wonder who Sentinel's running against or if it's one of those bogus elections where there's only one candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    I think that's Rosanna rather than Flipsides - more pink than purple.
    You're right. And it makes more sense for her to be standing next to Autrooper as a fellow KISS Player. Smooch smooch.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole
    Animé/manga fans would recognise this as a tribute to Doraemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix
    Maybe Optimus also has one for his trailer
    ToyFare Magazine once made a photocomic about what G1 Prime's trailer does when it's not around such as weights at the gym (using its claw arm!), crowd-surfing at baseball games and attending strip shows where it was stuffing cash down strippers' panties with He-Man. I did notice that Prime's trailer did just move off screen just like G1 Prime's trailer. Heh.