Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron

Quick question, how would Customs know if it was an illegal toy if they don't open every package that comes through? And say if you had the item opened and shipped in robot mode without the box, it would just look like another toy to them.

I mean i had MP Skywarp shipped from Japan lately and that arrived intact, whereas last year i purchased Alternator Shockwave from the UK and it arrived with a "we inspected your item" brochure from Customs. Too bad if i intended on keeping it MISB because they opened the whole pakcage, half transformed him and lost his exhaust/gun. I even followed it up with them bt they said no chance of finding the missing part.

Good luck with getting your MP home.

I dunno. Maybe they id'd the mp5 early on as a very realistic weapon-like figure and blacklisted it. I ono

But yeh dunno about the random checks - my friggin g1 ultra magnus was strip searched and delayed at customs even though it was sent express. The hell is up with that? I got those pamplets as well. Very strange..but it was awhile ago now.

Maybe one of us should get a job at customs.

I think what they have done is note the places they are coming from, and have an x-ray template to see what he looks like, even in robot mode.

Even if it gets through, it is still an offence to own without a permit. Up to 7 years prison last time I looked.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    I think what they have done is note the places they are coming from, and have an x-ray template to see what he looks like, even in robot mode.

Even if it gets through, it is still an offence to own without a permit. Up to 7 years prison last time I looked.
    Yeah i was thinking that they'd probably use their x-ray machines to have a quick check.

Have you guys watched Border Security before? Man the parcel scanning machines look like they can see through your whole skin and bones!

So yes, I'm pretty sure they can program the machine to detect certain figure outlines... which is why they are able to detect MP-05 even in Robot Mode... The large gun barrel kinda gives it away too...
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Have you guys watched Border Security before? Man the parcel scanning machines look like they can see through your whole skin and bones!

So yes, I'm pretty sure they can program the machine to detect certain figure outlines... which is why they are able to detect MP-05 even in Robot Mode... The large gun barrel kinda gives it away too...
    Not to mention the scope and the trigger!
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by shokwave2 View Post
    last year i purchased Alternator Shockwave from the UK and it arrived with a "we inspected your item" brochure from Customs. Too bad if i intended on keeping it MISB because they opened the whole pakcage, half transformed him and lost his exhaust/gun. I even followed it up with them bt they said no chance of finding the missing part.
    holy crap! even when I had my TFC Megatron felt up by customs they didn't open the box! And he is packaged in gun mode!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    holy crap! even when I had my TFC Megatron felt up by customs they didn't open the box! And he is packaged in gun mode!
    Yeah i know. It's been the only time customs have checked any of my parcels. Luckily they didn't open and lose parts to my Binaltech Shockwave when i bought him from Japan last year.

Ya know what's funny? I've had original 1984 G1 Megatron, reissue Megatron, Megaplex and MP Megatron all sent through customs unscathed -- but the only Transformer toy I've had sent through customs that was damaged by Customs was Machine Wars Megatron!! They bent the backing card in half when shoving the toy back into the box! I was absolute furious!

The topic funny if you think about this, I live in Queensland and can go to various army surplus or collectors stores and buy and legaly own a realistic metal replica Walther P-38 without any permit, yet they have a teary over Megz (I lost one to customs in 2007 since I bought him off ebay but didn't find out you couldn't import him until it was too late >_< )