Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stan Bush - The Touch *new version*

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    It's alright, but the rapping cannot, IMO, beat the best Transformers-themed rap ever created.
    I remember that ad when I was a kid. Even back then I thought it was ultra cheesy. I always wondered why these people always gets what's 'cool' so badly wrong.

The rap section in this remake is so bad i thought it was a comedy sketch at first. I guess Stan is trying to get all "hip" and "happening" with all the cool kids these days.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It's a great "true" rap with the scratching in it.

Anyways, I find that a bit of spectre general from the 1986 soundtrack makes you forget this abortion and rekindles memories of the awesome scene it played in. None of the 2007 songs do that at all because I hate them all.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I remember that ad when I was a kid. Even back then I thought it was ultra cheesy. I always wondered why these people always gets what's 'cool' so badly wrong.
    You mean so badly awesome.

THAT SUCKS! I liked that song.

UPDATE!!!! Since we threw up this video, there's been a backlash of negative (and some positive) criticism of the new version of "The Touch". However, Stan Bush may not feel the same way -- the song creators have disabled embedding for the YouTube video (so we cannot show it on the frontpage here), and have also disabled comments on the actual video itself on YouTube.

UPDATE 2!!!!! All the information on the video has been removed. There is no longer any mention of their attempt to get the song in Revenge of the Fallen, no mention of getting hyped up for the movie, nothing. No explanation of the change of the song-title to "Sam's Theme" as we first reported. It is now simply called "The Touch Redux ala Linkin Park"
    Just wondering where you got this info from Kup? i had a look on Stanbush.com and didnt see anything regarding this? Although im often not very thorough!

After listening to the song a couple of times its not so bad. I think the clip is very distracting. Making new versions of old hits are always hit and miss affairs no matter the genre.

Perhaps one shouldnt compare it with the old version and try to see it as a new concept. No matter what song it is its not going to appeal to everyone. Hes a talented guy and a good singer- im just not sure how he came up with this unique shall we say rendition?
    Last edited by Vector Sigma 13; 18th May 2009 at 09:47 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    Just wondering where you got this info from Kup? i had a look on Stanbush.com and didnt see anything regarding this? Although im often not very thorough!

After listening to the song a couple of times its not so bad. I think the clip is very distracting. Making new versions of old hits are always hit and miss affairs no matter the genre.

Perhaps one shouldnt compare it with the old version and try to see it as a new concept. No matter what song it is its not going to appeal to everyone. Hes a talented guy and a good singer- im just not sure how he came up with this unique shall we say rendition?
    I got it from TFW and as it says on the updates, Stan has removed any sign of the video, it has been wiped from existence but hopefully he is not upset but planning to do a proper video without that horrible rap and emo tune.

Source:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...-touch-167569/

Walky found out who smiling guitar guy was

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Holger_Fath
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

i didnt mind it to a certain degree, you just have to forget the original and listen for what it is, but mind you stan's high notes aren't that good and the rapping leaves a bit to be desired but overall after a couple of times it grows on you i give a 6 out of 10.

The guy rapping in the video clip?! what were they thinking?!! At first I thought it was some amateur youtuber "rapper" who put himself into the video clip and then I realise that he is actually part of the clip.

Shame on them for making this.