Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam in all guises

Yeah I'm thinking of picking up PG OO Gundam when it releases as my very first PG. Can't wait but the price for a PG is ouchey. What's the best import site for PG in regards to price and postage?

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking of picking up PG OO Gundam when it releases as my very first PG. Can't wait but the price for a PG is ouchey. What's the best import site for PG in regards to price and postage?
    Unsure. Me and grimlock are getting the pg strike and pr wing custom zero in the next month
    if your interested in those drop me a line and I'll give you prices

well i got in the mail this week:

HG 1/100 Exia (built already :P )
    HG 1/100 Destiny
    MG 1/100 Wing Ka.
    MG 1/100 Strike with launcher and sword
    HG 1/100 00 Raiser and 00 Gundam set designer colours
    FG 1/144 Jinn (free :P)

oh and a 1/35 code geass lancelot nightmare frame
    just for fun

im fairly set till after exams, now all i need is my 2PGs :P

HG 1/100 Exia (built already :P )
    HG 1/100 Destiny
    MG 1/100 Wing Ka.
    MG 1/100 Strike with launcher and sword
    HG 1/100 00 Raiser and 00 Gundam set designer colours
    FG 1/144 Jinn (free :P)

oh and a 1/35 code geass lancelot nightmare frame
    just for fun
    could you put a picture of the code geass lancelot nightmare i want
    to buy some i really love the anime but to scared to buy them im
    more into gundam now as well so ill be selling of my g1 collection soon.

Nice sets blackie!

I'm gonna stick with the 1/144 HG stuff. Got tempted to get the MG 1/100 Exia or the 1/60 scale but am happy with the smaller sets.

Still holding out for PG OO Gundam though. Must save.

I've never been a fan of Gunpla; I guess cos I just love playing with my toys too much, and Gunpla just don't stand up to the rigour of toy play. Or any model kit for that matter; I've trashed plenty of Macross and other such models trying to play with them, and I've _never_ been the kind of kid who was ever rough with their toys. Most of my broken Transformers were broken by other kids, not by my hands (others later broke by my hand due to age, like those with GPS/BPS; but that's got nothing to do with rough handling).

But I do like the core story of Gundam; by "core" story I mean that mainstream continuity. I'm not a fan of out-of-continuity (or elseworld) stories like Gundam Wing etc. I'm just a fan of everything from the original Gundam universe. The only non-canonical Gundam story I don't mind would be Gundam F-91; every other out-of-canon Gundam story doesn't interest me.

Collection wise I've lost most of my old Gunpla... I have one beat up Gundam X model lying around - and yes, I'm aware of the irony that of all my Gunpla that I haven't lost it would have to be one from a non-canonical series If anyone wants it they can have it (or what's left of it) for free. I'm sure it might come in handy as spare parts for someone's custom or kitbash.

Ironically I don't have any Gundam animé on DVD! I probably should get some. I really like 0080, 0083 and MS08 ('specially cos MS08 stars Genda Tessho, the Japanese equivalent of Peter Cullen ). So my Gundam collection (if you want to call it that) basically just consists of two manga, three novels and a small Gelgoog PVC figurine (t'was a freebie ). Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Too bad I don't have any conference trip to Tokyo before they take this down...

Guess the closest I'll ever be next to a 1:1 Gundam is a 1:1 right hand only...

(Taken from a Gundam Expo in Hong Kong in 2005.)
    OMG I just found this, don't you look sweet and innocent

My gunpla renaissance has finally hit it's stride. In anticipation of PG OO Raiser I decided to dabble into 1/60 gunpla kits and got these two babies (presented by their SD counterparts):

Already built Exia and I must say, I never realized how large 1/60 scale is. It's taller than Masterpiece Prime! Can't wait to build the Lightning Edition of 1/60 Strike Freedom. Looks especially gorgeous with the lights on. Gotta set aside a full day free to make it. There's a lot in that box!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    i need a strike freedom lightning

but
    next i think ill buy MG Freedom and some 1/100 of the other main 00 characters to finish my display
    i might even take some pics soon :P

EDIT: care to share how much that set you back stompy?

Check your PM blackie . Exia was cheaper than I expected and Strike Freedom is probably the cheapest I will find it locally. Surprisingly the MG Extra Finish 1/100 Strike Freedom costs a little more than the LE. Although LE is ungraded and the MG details surely trumps the details on the ungraded 1/60. Just got them for display purposes really. They are so striking as they are so large. Of course its all about the build too. Love it!